X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Transman
    SDE Member
    • Oct 2006

Does Mode 6?

Access the same info on chrysler and gm? if so what years? If a different mode test, what number is required? I gotta tell ya' this info on the late fords has been so helpful for me that the 'gent (or Lady) that thought this up should get a big raise! Transman
    We can be right or we can be wrong, But we don't learn from being right!
  • john4842
    SDE Member
    • Oct 2006

mode 6

mode6 is all i use, on ford gm chry.I use the modis, and it does the same on all if you know the tid &cid.

Comment

• Transman
      SDE Member
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by john4842
      mode6 is all i use, on ford gm chry.I use the modis, and it does the same on all if you know the tid &cid.
      Well, that was part of the question... What years can mode 6 access the spark plug miss data and what test numbers on the other manufacturers? Is there someplace that I can look that up for each vehicle?

Comment

• No-Start
        • Oct 2006

Looking for misfires in Mode $06 only applies to Fords and some Mazdas and Jags. That's because they messed up.

It should apply to any OBDII certified engine, from 1996 to present. There were some 1995's that had an OBDII connector but weren't fully OBDII compliant, Windstars come to mind.

While I don't use Mode $06 too often, the Snap On products don't make it easy when I want to. There is a lot of room for improvement on how they scanners pull Mode $06 data.

No-Start.

Comment

• Transman
          SDE Member
          • Oct 2006

RE" Mode 6 data

That was more like the answer i was looking for. Chrysler and GM are pretty dependable about pulling misfire data the regular way, I was looking to see if there was another option available. Thank you, Transman

Comment

Working...