Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hefaus
    • Dec 2007

Shop Stream Connect

Just installed the latest version for my windows xp pro. .only one scary part. Iwrote about it and Jay answered back saying it would not damage my system and would work.After install I had to connect to pc three times before the Shop Stream Connect files would show under that heading on my pc. Well It works great with the 10.4 just like it did before the tool updates I will attach the warning I got during installation. Keep Smiling
    Attached Files
  • crackerclicker
    • May 2008

LOL! yeah, i got a similiar message with windows 7. not sure what it's all about. program works good, but what's with the internet connection prompt when starting the program not connected?

Comment

• hefaus
      • Dec 2007

Internet prompt

Originally posted by crackerclicker
      LOL! yeah, i got a similiar message with windows 7. not sure what it's all about. program works good, but what's with the internet connection prompt when starting the program not connected?
      Hi I presume you are talking about the allow, allow once or block. Its my virus checker firewall program. It always asks me when I install a new program or newer version of any program that has to connect with the net. Just a safeguard

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by hefaus
        Hi I presume you are talking about the allow, allow once or block. Its my virus checker firewall program. It always asks me when I install a new program or newer version of any program that has to connect with the net. Just a safeguard
        Nope, it constantly comes up with a message something like "there seems to be a problem with your internet connection. Do you want to continue", and it comes up about 2 minutes after the program starts everytime it starts if you're not connected to the internet.

Here are some observations.

I downloaded onto an XP operating system. There are four
        things.......

1) Download warning (we're supposed to blast past this)

2) if you're not connected to the internet there is a
        warning about that and it asks if you want to continue
        anyway

3) With the data recorded, if you want to only see some of
        the pids, you used to get a screen that would allow you to
        select the pids you wanted to display but the "edit" button
        is dead

4) When i was viewing a movie, i got an "unhandled
        exception" error

Comment

• Wheel
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by crackerclicker
          I find the pop up asking about the internet connection quite irritating,
          just one more delay I don't need before getting down to business.
          When using shopstream, I'm almost never connected to the internet, as
          my focus is on reviewing past scan or scope captures, NOT playing around on the internet.
          You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• hefaus
            • Dec 2007

Shop Stream Connect

Originally posted by Crusty
            Nope, it constantly comes up with a message something like "there seems to be a problem with your Internet connection. Do you want to continue", and it comes up about 2 minutes after the program starts every time it starts if you're not connected to the Internet.

Here are some observations.

I downloaded onto an XP operating system. There are four
            things.......

1) Download warning (we're supposed to blast past this)

2) if you're not connected to the Internet there is a
            warning about that and it asks if you want to continue
            anyway

3) With the data recorded, if you want to only see some of
            the pids, you used to get a screen that would allow you to
            select the pids you wanted to display but the "edit" button
            is dead

4) When i was viewing a movie, i got an "unhandled
            exception" error
            Hi Crusty. I downloaded to my SP Pro and after 1 intimidating notice i got through it. Mine will operate with or without the Internet connected.Have no problem looking at movies that i have downloaded from my Solus Pro 10.4. I do wish they had an edit button that worked to select wanted pids only.Besides the drag and drop feature that was not mentioned except by another member Crackerclicker, seems to work not to shabby.
            Last edited by hefaus; 12-15-2010, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Crusty
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by hefaus
              Hi Crusty. I downloaded to my SP Pro and after 1 intimidating notice i got through it. Mine will operate with or without the Internet connected.Have no problem looking at movies that i have downloaded from my Solus Pro 10.4. I do wish they had an edit button that worked to select wanted pids only.Besides the drag and drop feature that was not mentioned except by another member Crackerclicker, seems to work not to shabby.
              hefaus; The download warning only came up when I installed 8.1.0.17 the first time.

The internet warning comes up everytime I start the program. As Wheel said in the previous post, I'm virtually never on the internet when using SSC as my focus is on reviewing past files, not playing around on the internet.

I'll try the drag-n-drop graph thing when I get a chance but the edit button is still broken.....just watch....they'll just remove it so it isn't there and then claim "missing isn't broken"

The "unhandled exception" thing has been going on for a few years, along with the "application cannot read this file format" error, neither of which SO has responded to or corrected for the last 3 years. Yup, 3 years.

At least it appears they're attempting a fix, but time will tell....

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                • Nov 2007

Internet

Hi Guys,

One reason the internet will become very important with SSC is that (eventually) you will be able to download patches and updates directly to your Solus Pro, Modis and Ethos.

It is a great addition to SSC and a seamless way to update. Maybe the messages are not worded correctly, or maybe the messages could be suppressed.

Bob

Comment

• dbarnes5654
                  • Apr 2007

I downloaded SSC update yesterday. All file types that couldn't be read are now readable and display great. The edit list button[U]must[U] be fixed It's nice to have SSC back and operating almost 100%.

Comment

• hefaus
                    • Dec 2007

internet message

hefaus; The download warning only came up when I installed 8.1.0.17 the first time.

The internet warning comes up everytime I start the program. As Wheel said in the previous post, I'm virtually never on the internet when using SSC as my focus is on reviewing past files, not playing around on the internet.

I'll try the drag-n-drop graph thing when I get a chance but the edit button is still broken.....just watch....they'll just remove it so it isn't there and then claim "missing isn't broken"

The "unhandled exception" thing has been going on for a few years, along with the "application cannot read this file format" error, neither of which SO has responded to or corrected for the last 3 years. Yup, 3 years.

At least it appears they're attempting a fix, but time will tell....
                    Hi Crusty. I can see that being an irritation ever time you start SSC without the internet connected.I am usually always hooked to the net.Keep smiling.

Comment

• Crusty
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Bob's Garage
                      Hi Guys,

One reason the internet will become very important with SSC is that (eventually) you will be able to download patches and updates directly to your Solus Pro, Modis and Ethos.

It is a great addition to SSC and a seamless way to update. Maybe the messages are not worded correctly, or maybe the messages could be suppressed.

Bob
                      Good points and a good way to keep things current but have you ever had a program download automatically and had other programs screw up or your entire computer crash? C'mon now. Be honest.
                      I don't let computer programs control my computer willy-nilly without some sort of checks/controls.
                      As for the (eventually) part, ya, right, I'm holding my breath.....
                      How about if they just get the program working correctly for now.
                      It's only been three years.....

Comment

• David Green
                        • Oct 2009

I have just checked for SSC updates, the software advises there is one so I went to download it and it said, there is a problem with your service provider try later

Just when I thought I might be able to look at those VP shots I have waited so long to see , then I find I am no better off

David

Comment

• Crusty
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by David Green
                          I have just checked for SSC updates, the software advises there is one so I went to download it and it said, there is a problem with your service provider try later

Just when I thought I might be able to look at those VP shots I have waited so long to see , then I find I am no better off

David
                          If the SO site sees a slow connection it will cut you off.

Now if they can only fix the "edit" button......
                          I've tried the drag-n-drop of pids to the top to group them but soemetimes it will swap places with another pid and sometimes it will put a pid you previously pulled to the top back down in the list again.

What an incredibly slow way to group or sort pids. Previously you could just edit out the pids you didn't care about and concentrate on the pids you wanted to view in detail.

You could view all the pids and edit out the ones that were normal, then review the ones remaining. Then edit out a few more and isolate the glitches in a systematical method.

Now with some of the other posts indicating that the data became scrambled when you pulled them to the top, it really becomes unreliable and unworkeable.

Ya, it works.....kind of....

Comment

• hefaus
                            • Dec 2007

Shop Stream Connect

If the SO site sees a slow connection it will cut you off.

Now if they can only fix the "edit" button......
                            I've tried the drag-n-drop of pids to the top to group them but soemetimes it will swap places with another pid and sometimes it will put a pid you previously pulled to the top back down in the list again.

What an incredibly slow way to group or sort pids. Previously you could just edit out the pids you didn't care about and concentrate on the pids you wanted to view in detail.

You could view all the pids and edit out the ones that were normal, then review the ones remaining. Then edit out a few more and isolate the glitches in a systematical method.

Now with some of the other posts indicating that the data became scrambled when you pulled them to the top, it really becomes unreliable and unworkeable.

Ya, it works.....kind of....
                            Ya you are right Crusty.. Happy New Year

Comment

• Crusty
                              • Dec 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR-!!
                              Hope 2011 doesn't have any potholes in your road.

Comment

Working...