2007+ GM Idle Learn & Ford PATS Relearn??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DougMontgomery
    • Jul 2007

2007+ GM Idle Learn & Ford PATS Relearn??

Was asked about these two functions in a recent class. Can anyone confirm if current SO software has the above mentioned functions? If so, about what version were they added. If not, are they planned?

Thanks,
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Idle relearn, yes, Ithink it was added in 11.2 PATS, no. http://productforum.autorepairdata.c...ead.php?t=4724

Comment

• DougMontgomery
      • Jul 2007

Thanks GB !

Wonder why PATS relearn is still not in there?

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Thats a good question Doug... I have been asking about that myself. Being your not a "RED BOX" fan maybe you could post the Aftermarket tools that you know of that do have this feature. Already know AE does, my thoughts are if a bottom line tool like this can do it S.O. tools should too.

Steve

Comment

• Jay G.
          Administrator
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by DougMontgomery
          Thanks GB !

Wonder why PATS relearn is still not in there?
          I will ask.

Comment

• DougMontgomery
            • Jul 2007

Steve, I know Standards (Blue Streak) iFlash (J2534) & Ottotest (scantool & J2534) has been able to do a PATS relearn for over 2-3 years. Since I've just recently returned from deployment. I have not had a chance to check all my aftermarket tools. Of course my IDS will do it :-P

Comment

• crackerclicker
              • May 2008

Of course my IDS will do it :-P
              cheater!!! LOL!

Comment

• Steve6911
                • Feb 2007

Steve, I know Standards (Blue Streak) iFlash (J2534) & Ottotest (scantool & J2534) has been able to do a PATS relearn for over 2-3 years. Since I've just recently returned from deployment. I have not had a chance to check all my aftermarket tools. Of course my IDS will do it :-P
                Hi Doug
                Again, glad to see you made it home safe and THANK YOU!. As far as the PATS relearns go.. The Verus will do the same with the PTP 1 or 2. I was interested in straight up scan tools. As I said I know AE can do it (that is what I am currently using for PATS key relearns) Launch says they now do this as while, but I have not updated that it a while so I can't comment on how it works. I Know the NGS does it. I am just trying to get as much info as possible in the hopes that S.O. will come out with it as well.
                Thanks!

Steve

Comment

• DougMontgomery
                  • Jul 2007

Steve,

So far:

AutoEnginuity
                  Launch Diagun
                  Autel MaxiDAS 708 (not all vehicles yet..I've had some that it is not there. I've made them aware and they assure it should be complete in next few months)

Since Carman has pretty much screwed the US market...I'm not using my Carman Wi anymore.

I let a friend borrow my Genisys before my deployment and have not asked for it back. Maybe someone else can tell if OTC will do Pats

Keep in touch bud

Comment

• Orevin
                    • Aug 2010

Steve,

So far:

AutoEnginuity
                    Launch Diagun
                    Autel MaxiDAS 708 (not all vehicles yet..I've had some that it is not there. I've made them aware and they assure it should be complete in next few months)

Since Carman has pretty much screwed the US market...I'm not using my Carman Wi anymore.

I let a friend borrow my Genisys before my deployment and have not asked for it back. Maybe someone else can tell if OTC will do Pats

Keep in touch bud
                    Add Autoland Scientech's iScan and Vedis to the list.
                    -Kai-
                    Chicago, IL

Comment

• Steve6911
                      • Feb 2007

Kai
                      Thanks for the heads up on the other tools, Hope this shows S.O. it is a needed feature! As many other aftermarket tools have it.

Doug
                      From your post and profile I see you have the Autel, what do you think of it? I had one to demo for a week and wasn't overly impressed. Its worth the $1,800.00 its selling for now but I heard price was going up. I had a lot of connection issues with OBDI cars. Didn't get a Ford to check the PATS out.

Steve

Comment

• DougMontgomery
                        • Jul 2007

Steve,

So far so good. It's a work in progress right now, updates are free and I get a new beta file about every other day or so. I have a 2010 E350 Van and it worked very well on it. Even has a histograph power balance like the IDS, matter of fact it looks almost like a IDS screen. It's another tool in my batbelt !

Comment

• Rich Barton
                          • Sep 2007

Steve,

So far so good. It's a work in progress right now, updates are free and I get a new beta file about every other day or so. I have a 2010 E350 Van and it worked very well on it. Even has a histograph power balance like the IDS, matter of fact it looks almost like a IDS screen. It's another tool in my batbelt !
                          Hey BatMan,

I have a question for you?
                          I want to update the launch or buy the Autel which do you recomend?
                          Sounds like Autel is better at stealing software than the launch from your IDS PowerBalance comment

I have one more question for you can the ottotest scantool software be used on the Iflash?

Hope all is well Doug
                          Rich Barton
                          C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• DougMontgomery
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Rich Barton
                            Hey BatMan,

I have a question for you?
                            I want to update the launch or buy the Autel which do you recommend?
                            Depends on what you use it the most on. In my opinion, Launch probably is the strongest. Especially on late model vehicles. It appears while I was gone they stepped up their Domestic coverage. However, that being said, the Autel has a nicer screen and appears to being trying to emulate the OE interface. Again, Autel is to new right now for me to say their the choice...yet.

Sounds like Autel is better at stealing software than the launch from your IDS PowerBalance comment
                            China has never been modest about their stealing abilities I believe

I have one more question for you can the ottotest scantool software be used on the Iflash?

Hope all is well Doug
                            No sir, have to have the ottotest VCI. The SW is locked to the VCI serial number. Of couse, the Chinese could probably get it to work..

Thanks,

Comment

• eddiesverus
                              • Dec 2008

Well Those Chinese sure can steal, and even or jobs are getting stolen? I have a lunchX431, I admit they have good coverage especially for Asian and European. This last update I did it seems that domestic is gotten better. But I Learned that I need to support my Local economy to help improve or country economy. all these Chinese scan tools seem very attractive and cheap and of course provide good coverage, but at what cost. stealing?? that's why they sell it cheap. We as Americans need to support or Homeland companies, and Buy only American made products. Keep supporting Snap-On, OTC, and other US companies, influence them to stay here and not leave over seas taking more jobs from us..Also We must continue to ask them for what we want in our tools and not give up, persistence eventually pays off. We wanted Idle relearns they have Listened and added it. So about PATS system, we must continue to ask and they might add it soon as well. Keep Posting what we want and support others that have asked for features or functions, such as all DTC Module scan abilities and PATS relearns.
                              Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

Working...