X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • landroverman1958
    • Feb 2010

under preesue

Hi you all, the suns out and its summer in wales can you believe it
    Here,s one for you to ponder------- how is the fuel pressure regulated in the common rail on a 2.4 transit tdci 2007, as far as i,m aware it is all done internally in the high pressure pump which is driven by the timing chain
    I,ll try to load a capture,, have a peak this taken off the fuel rail pressure sensor
    Let me know what you all think
    Attached Files
  • diesel71
    • Feb 2008

I was unable to look at the attached file. there should be a volume and or a pressure control valve on the high pressure pump.

Comment

• landroverman1958
      • Feb 2010

this is a longer file of the fuel rail pressure output signal
      Attached Files

Comment

• leemack
        • Jul 2010

Is there any problem with the van then? all looks good to me apart from the upward spike in the middle of the idle section.

Looks like it generates good fuel pressure in a reasonable time.

I always thought they had a n imv on the rear of the hp pump which opens or closes to control fuel rail pressure.

The only concern is why doesn't your scope read 0.0v rather than -0.25v.

thanks
        lee

Comment

• landroverman1958
          • Feb 2010

looking at the signal it has a waveform that is shaped like a saw tooth at idle which should not be it should be fairly smooth the peak is a snap throttle event,the van has a suging idle,,,,,,,,,, up and down to match the fuel rail pressure sensor output,in my experience this is an in correct pattern

Comment

• landroverman1958
            • Feb 2010

update on fuel pressure regulation: was a fault with the high pressure fuel pump which has the regulator on the rear of the pump,,,, so i have been told today,and is separate and was changed which resolved the problem

Comment

Working...