Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdsmt
    • Dec 2006

94 GMC Sonoma S15 ABS codes

I had a 1994 GMC Sonoma S15 pickup in the shop today for ABS light on. It had a 4.3L tbi with an VCM. With my Solus with 6.4 I could retrieve scan data but could not retrieve the codes. I had to borrow my friends Mastertech to retrieve the codes. Has anybody ran into this? Thanks, Bob
  • MasterWrench
    • Oct 2006

I have not seen that one but I have seen a couple of incorrect things in the "Vantage" part of my MODIS. Also, not being able to get into BCM in a Mercury Grand Marquis or an abs in a Dodge Grand Caravan to get data otr codes. Got an error message saying a file was missing.....
    MasterWrench

Comment

• Transman
      SDE Member
      • Oct 2006

Same thing on a '97 Ford Expedition vin# 1FMEU18W1VLB13871. Vantage part looking at DPFE data and got file missing error. Transman
      We can be right or we can be wrong, But we don't learn from being right!

Comment

• AutodocASE
        • Dec 2006

Did you try it in Legacy mode? If that works just be careful of what speed sensor reads which wheel.Sometimes(often?)the RF,when spun,will show as LR and vice/versa.

Comment

• Wolf0r
          • Mar 2007

I work at a chevy dealer and our Tech2 sometimes has "glitches" in the 95 model year range. I had a 95 blazer that gave me fits in the ABS area. Techline told me that it was a programming error and to reprogram the VCM with the updated Tech2 update and it worked. So who is to blame for the "glitch"?

Comment

• EBI Webmaster
            Administrator
            • Sep 2006

Lets get the bottom of this one.

Originally posted by Wolf0r
            I work at a chevy dealer and our Tech2 sometimes has "glitches" in the 95 model year range. I had a 95 blazer that gave me fits in the ABS area. Techline told me that it was a programming error and to reprogram the VCM with the updated Tech2 update and it worked. So who is to blame for the "glitch"?
            Hey guy.
            This looks like one for the engineers book.
            A few questions to help track it down in the software will help get them in the right place. If you have the answers, it will help.
            Do you have a Vin# for the 95 blazer, This helps them get to the exact location in the software.
            And do you remember the code that the Tech2 came up with.
            I will see if this has been reported and fixed, or if it needs to go on the list of things to be fixed.

Thanks
            Roy
            http://askatech.snapon.com

Comment

• Wolf0r
              • Mar 2007

Sure, I'll dig up the repair order later.

Comment

Working...