Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Green
    • Oct 2009

Ford Transit Connect Diesel 2005 model year

I wonder if anyone has experienced if the ABS warning lamp on this model and year is combined with the Park brake multi-function lamp?
  • alwayslearnin
    • Feb 2013

Hi David I have seen this with vag group vehicles but haven't worked on a connect as yet. What is the actual concern/problem you are having?

Regards

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

I believe Fords ABS will record a code C1226 for the red brake warning lamp being activated by the reservoir level sensor, and the parking brake shares the same damned red brake lamp bulb on most modela

Comment

• David Green
        • Oct 2009

Thanks for the replies had almost given up

The problem started when I was mot testing the van, I could not find within the instrument display the ABS lamp, so during inside checks I assumed that ABS was not fitted, then while carrying out under bonnet checks I found that an ABS modulator was fitted, so I had another look for the ABS lamp and could not locate it.

Having read the owners manual the information in there makes it clear that an ABS lamp is fitted, so I failed the ABS warning lamp for not illuminating

I check Ford technical information and their own manuals advise that an ABS lamp is fitted?

I check with Autodata and they also were adamant that they thought an ABS lamp was fitted.

Carrying out a diagnostic scan the ABS system had one code only stored C1234, referring to the right hand side front wheel speed sensor circuit malfunctioning. Checking the list of trouble codes I found five codes for the warning lamp circuit operation, but none were showing as a fault.

I cleared the fault code and road tested the van and while driving I watched the brake pad/fluid warning lamp to see if that lamp would illuminate to show up the ABS fault, and it did not, however when I stopped the van and read the codes again, the same code C1234 was recorded and while accessing this code the instrument brake pad/fluid warning lamp started flashing indicating a fault.

When I came out of diagnostic mode with the scanner the warning lamp remained off, and at no point did the brake warning lamp indicate that the ABS system had recorded a fault and rendered the ABS system as inoperative.

This in my understanding has nothing to do with the type of scanner being used, but primarily something to do with either the way Ford have written their software or there is another problem active that the scanner has not picked up?

Any thoughts?

Comment

• dlm1
          • Jul 2014

Limited on info here for your vehicle.So read on with Caution.. Suggest to trust the code at this point, flow it out and see.
          The road test could have triggered the code at a certain speed

Next would be(if you have it) the SJB(smart Junction box?) problems and isolating the IPC(Instrument Panel Cluster?) from the SJB.
          The light should come on with key on as a bulb check in every other type of vehicle as it should with this one.
          If it works like i am thinking the SJB will send a scp(Ford com protocol message?) message to the IPC to turn on the light etc.
          Last edited by dlm1; 07-30-2014, 05:52 AM. Reason: add data on request

Comment

• markt
            • Apr 2011

david.

when you had the scantool on..did you try a function test to activate the abs light?
            have a look at the clocks with a torch..you should be able to see the abs symbol...someone may have disconnected the buld/led.
            also they may have put a piece of black tape over the inside of the clocks to hide it....seen this many times.

you said you found codes for the abs lamp stored?? but none were showing a fault.....they wont show a fault if the light has been tampered with impeding it to light up and tell you

dlm1

please put the full description of parts/comms names as they can easily be mistaken taken as a p*ss take and also not all acronyms are known by everyone so could lead to a mis-diagnosis.lol

Comment

• David Green
              • Oct 2009

Thanks for all the replies, very much appreciated

Yes the ABS lamp on this van is the combined park brake/hydraulic fluid lamp, which I have also discovered that it is the same on some Jags.

Comment

Working...