Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verdict User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 01-06-2017, 04:44 AM

jm43130 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

I just bought a new unused M2 meter from Snapon dealer to pair with my new Verus edge. Works great and you do have ignition capabilities when it is paired to a Verus or a Verdict because ignition tests are loaded onto Verus and Verdict platforms under component tests. It shows on Verus and Verdict screens as M2 just shows pairing screen. It's the 1-2 rotary dial position.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:50 AM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Sounds like that meter might live on after the Verdict is gone. Would be nice if it were able to be paired to a $40 Screen Beam Mini 2 dongle plugged into HDMI port of a LCD TV. but I'm thinking the range might not be far enough, Anyone tried? I already Mirror my Smart phone and show customers photos and videos on a 55 inch TV

https://www.actiontec.com/334.html
Old 01-06-2017, 10:10 AM

Wheel Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witsend View Post
Sounds like that meter might live on after the Verdict is gone. Would be nice if it were able to be paired to a $40 Screen Beam Mini 2 dongle plugged into HDMI port of a LCD TV. but I'm thinking the range might not be far enough, Anyone tried? I already Mirror my Smart phone and show customers photos and videos on a 55 inch TV

https://www.actiontec.com/334.html
Even if the m2 could get a signal to a device - the device receiving that signal would need some kind of software to make use of what the m2 sent and put it in a format you could read.
Once you ran it through a Verus or Verdict unit, there are ways to get it on a big screen.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm43130 View Post
I just bought a new unused M2 meter from Snapon dealer to pair with my new Verus edge. Works great and you do have ignition capabilities when it is paired to a Verus or a Verdict because ignition tests are loaded onto Verus and Verdict platforms under component tests. It shows on Verus and Verdict screens as M2 just shows pairing screen. It's the 1-2 rotary dial position.
While any scope can get you some form of ignition pattern under certain circumstances, the Verdict scope lacks the dedicated ignition analysis features built into the Verus scope.There is nowhere to hook up some of these accessories even, such as the EETM303A05A rpm probe, or you probably can't properly utilize the sia 2000 ignition set, either.
The options for the ignition features may appear on the menu, but have you successfully used them - and if so, how did you succeed?
I ask because this would be very helpful to many who use an m2 and either verus or verdict.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Even if the m2 could get a signal to a device - the device receiving that signal would need some kind of software to make use of what the m2 sent and put it in a format you could read.
Once you ran it through a Verus or Verdict unit, there are ways to get it on a big screen.

What would be Hilarious is if that failed Scope App on A ChinaCyst tablet actually worked with Flying colors pairing an M2 to it.LMAO
Maybe Snappy could sell an M2 App software for a windows 10 laptop for $50 a pop to use a M2 as a generic 2 channel oscilloscope and if it works well , sell a Virtual Vantage app software for $500, to give guided component testing , by make and model.

Last edited by Witsend; 01-08-2017 at 07:50 AM..
Old 01-09-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
What would be Hilarious is if that failed Scope App on A ChinaCyst tablet actually worked with Flying colors pairing an M2 to it.LMAO
Maybe Snappy could sell an M2 App software for a windows 10 laptop for $50 a pop to use a M2 as a generic 2 channel oscilloscope and if it works well , sell a Virtual Vantage app software for $500, to give guided component testing , by make and model.
Something related to this - I have an Autel Maxisys elite that has their videoscope software. I bought one of those cheap $ 10 - 12.00 usb videoscopes
on ebay and it does work with the existing program on the tool - at least for photos. Not too bad of a picture, either.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Something related to this - I have an Autel Maxisys elite that has their videoscope software. I bought one of those cheap $ 10 - 12.00 usb videoscopes
on ebay and it does work with the existing program on the tool - at least for photos. Not too bad of a picture, either.
Better than nothing I imagine. I know Snap On has to be feeling the competition and budget challenged folk likely are not going to drop big bucks on new Modis Elite or Verus Edge but sell a wireless M2 scope meter you could load a good $50 Snap On Generic Scope program app on a laptop or Android Smart phone that you can mirror to a tv and they probably could sell a lot more M2 scope meters.
Also sell the final version legacy update software for all discontinued Snap On platforms at a very reasonable price for at least 5 years to slow the Red tide
Old 01-09-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Better than nothing I imagine. I know Snap On has to be feeling the competition and budget challenged folk likely are not going to drop big bucks on new Modis Elite or Verus Edge but sell a wireless M2 scope meter you could load a good $50 Snap On Generic Scope program app on a laptop or Android Smart phone that you can mirror to a tv and they probably could sell a lot more M2 scope meters.
Also sell the final version legacy update software for all discontinued Snap On platforms at a very reasonable price for at least 5 years to slow the Red tide
With their premature planned obsolescence program on their high end tools,
even the non - cash strapped individuals need to have second thoughts about buying ANY of Snap On's higher end tools because if this happens once, it will happen again, only sooner for as long as they can get away with it. It has been mentioned in the past they should provide their scan and scope software
along with scan and scope modules and you supply the laptop. I resisted this idea in the past preferring the way the Verus and Verdict was offered, but if they aren't going to support their tools any better than they did the Verus, then it is time to retire the Verus / Verdict program and just sell the software and modules necessary and let the owner choose what type of laptop / tablet to install it on. But none of what you or I have suggested - which are good ideas - will ever be done because it would require the corporate elites to care what their customers need or want which they have proven beyond all doubt they do not.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:38 AM

jm43130 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Wheel, we are both kind of correct. M2 can get single cylinder secondary scope patterns .I use EETA309A05A, secondary coil adapter lead, and then you can use coil adapters from flags in SIA2000 kit , or EETM306A03, which is Ford cop adapter, there are others available also. However you are also correct in that there is no way to use a cylinder sync adapter which uses a VGA 9 pin type connector. I did use Ford COP adapter to perform a load check of coil output and it works perfectly.