Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

Can't read GM MLPS data, really?

2008 Silverado 2500 HD with a 6.6 and Allison 1000. Had a P0708 for MLPS. ATSG has a bulletin where one should compare the actual reading of the MLPS to what the TCM sees because apparently there are TCM issues you don't want to blame on the MLPS. Or vice-versa.

Fine. The bulletin includes a parity chart so I can read the data and compare the actual shifter position with the chart. An updated Zeus does not see fit to show me that data though. If it's there I can't find it. Back in the troubleshooting section somewhere is that same handy parity chart but with no actual data to compare it with anywhere. Really?

At some point I'll get back to this and see if one of the other scanners can read MLPS data but we are suspecting it to be a TCM issue as it seems fairly common.
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

Similar issue, there's no data PID for the MAF on an OBDI 5.0 F150. I know data tends to be limited on such older stuff but it still seemed to be an odd one to leave out.

Comment

• diesel71
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by GypsyR
      2008 Silverado 2500 HD with a 6.6 and Allison 1000. Had a P0708 for MLPS. ATSG has a bulletin where one should compare the actual reading of the MLPS to what the TCM sees because apparently there are TCM issues you don't want to blame on the MLPS. Or vice-versa.

Fine. The bulletin includes a parity chart so I can read the data and compare the actual shifter position with the chart. An updated Zeus does not see fit to show me that data though. If it's there I can't find it. Back in the troubleshooting section somewhere is that same handy parity chart but with no actual data to compare it with anywhere. Really?

At some point I'll get back to this and see if one of the other scanners can read MLPS data but we are suspecting it to be a TCM issue as it seems fairly common.
      Are you able to read the other trans data? had a few tcm"s that would not read data or run any functional test. these were the tcm module not the scanner, just asking.

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

Yep. There's two columns of data I have to scroll down to see more of on screen. Data I believe for all parameters EXCEPT the MLPS.

Comment

• DKelly
          • May 2008

MLPS

I know this is an old thread but looking in service information for DTC P0708 I found this "When monitoring “TR SW” while moving the selector through ranges..." in the service information. It refers to the trans range switch which is in the PID list. This is the equivalent to MLPS (manual lever position switch). In this case the terminology matches the factory tool.

Comment

Working...