Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 04-27-2019, 07:25 AM

Orchid70 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Verus Wireless battery

My local (Swedish) dealer says theres no spare parts for the Wireless Verus any more since December 2018 - when I asked fo a new battery.
Is that possible??
The battery on the homepages (https://browse.snapon.com/#/product/EAA0354L12A)
What Verus does this fit?

For me this sounds crazy....
Old 04-27-2019, 08:12 AM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

It might no longer officially be supported with new replacement parts or repairs since December of 2018, but that doesn't mean all the old stock was sold yet or just burned in 50 gallon drums in the warehouse parking lots. Maybe your tool guy is just Parroting what he heard and doesn't want to spend the time checking what they still might have left.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:08 AM

Orchid70 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Thats what he did - he contacted the only other SnapOn guy in Sweden and told me what he told him.
I contacted the UK Snapon - and she asked me to contact the local SnapOn.....
Sooo... who to ask now?
I have seen there are dealers here in this forum - and I dont mind where I buy the battery from =)

My guess is - that the battery, on both home pages, is for the Varus Pro - but does that fit into Wireless?

I do understand the agents want to sell new stuff to people - I cannot afford new stuff - so its used stuff or non =)
Old 04-27-2019, 08:44 PM
Snap-on DSD

Joe Rappa Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

The Verus Pro battery will not work in the Verus Wireless.

Here's a link to the Verus Wireless batter on the US website:
https://store.snapon.com/VERUS-174-A...--P647746.aspx

The US Tools Group Part Number is: EAA0354L12A
I just checked, and as of today that part number is still valid and able to be ordered in the US.

I don't know if your part number is different, or if it's available where you are.

Joe
Old 04-28-2019, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rappa View Post
The Verus Pro battery will not work in the Verus Wireless.

Here's a link to the Verus Wireless batter on the US website:
https://store.snapon.com/VERUS-174-A...--P647746.aspx

The US Tools Group Part Number is: EAA0354L12A
I just checked, and as of today that part number is still valid and able to be ordered in the US.

I don't know if your part number is different, or if it's available where you are.

Joe
Thank you dear Joe!!!!!
The part number is the same in UK.

I have written to the Swedish agent and told this info as well as the part number - and asked, if he thought I should order it from UK.....

I have a question - he also told that SnapOn stopped delivering udates for the Wireless since 31 of December 2018.
Do YOU think it would be possible to buy the latest update (up to december 2018) - say from UK, where the tool comes from - if the Swedish agents continue to be stubborn?
Old 04-28-2019, 08:05 AM
Snap-on DSD

Joe Rappa Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid70 View Post
Thank you dear Joe!!!!!
The part number is the same in UK.

I have written to the Swedish agent and told this info as well as the part number - and asked, if he thought I should order it from UK.....

I have a question - he also told that SnapOn stopped delivering udates for the Wireless since 31 of December 2018.
Do YOU think it would be possible to buy the latest update (up to december 2018) - say from UK, where the tool comes from - if the Swedish agents continue to be stubborn?
I doubt you will be able to get your hands on a update for it. Once support ends they can no longer be ordered, so unless someone has one lying around, you are out of luck.

Joe
Old 04-28-2019, 08:17 AM

Thanks Joe
Old 04-28-2019, 09:12 AM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Glad you can get a new battery still. I never could understand why Snappy won't continue to sell their last legacy updates for all their old platforms for a decade afterwards on a steep sliding scale of decreasing cost after each year goes by. I have to wonder how many thousands of techs could have bought a one or two year old update at a lower cost after they actually need an update and still be getting by with an older Snap On platforms versus moving on to another brand.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witsend View Post
Glad you can get a new battery still. I never could understand why Snappy won't continue to sell their last legacy updates for all their old platforms for a decade afterwards on a steep sliding scale of decreasing cost after each year goes by. I have to wonder how many thousands of techs could have bought a one or two year old update at a lower cost after they actually need an update and still be getting by with an older Snap On platforms versus moving on to another brand.
In Sweden - the agents said to my "colleague" (remember Im a retired home-wife and NOT a mechanic - I only even got my driving licence at the age of 40 - so the cost of a brand new diagnostics tool would have been more than we paid to get our drinking water well drilled down to 70 meters and near my annual earnings from the state) that he couldnt buy a used tool, because it wouldnt work on Swedish cars...