Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Solus/SOLUS PRO User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 05-07-2019, 01:35 PM

PA-WOODCHUCK Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Smile GM P0601 error code

I have a 2006 TBSS 6.0L with the above fault which showed up today while checking various codes/input/output tests. Been dealing with this issue, CEL would blink as if key was turned off/on quickly and then AC compressor wouldn't run until key turned off/on. Also while in edge today engine didn't crank until I exited edge. Also showed faults in ABS, trans, etc. which I presume lost "chatting" between modules. Fault looks to be needing PCM replaced.

Don't think so but is it possible the edge caused the P0601 fault?

thanks
Old 05-07-2019, 02:33 PM

Glide Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

To date any time I have had a P0601 in any GM vehicle it has always been a faulty ECM.The most common symptoms are "stalls when hot" and/or "will not crank".These symptoms are usually intermittent .
If you look at the diagnostics,it would be hard to be anything else.Always check published diagnostics.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:11 PM
Snap-on DSD

Joe Rappa Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Has it been tuned? Failed read/writes can cause that code.
If that's the case it's very possible to fix it with a reflash.
Not a write-entire. A factory reflash.
If it hasn't been tuned you most likely have a bad PCM.
Joe
Old 05-07-2019, 05:29 PM

PA-WOODCHUCK Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rappa View Post
Has it been tuned? Failed read/writes can cause that code.
If that's the case it's very possible to fix it with a reflash.
Not a write-entire. A factory reflash.
If it hasn't been tuned you most likely have a bad PCM.
Joe
NO tune, other than 5 years ago I adjusted the duty cycle on clutch fan to come in sooner since I tow our boat in hilly PA.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:32 AM

GM is not longer making the PCM, that said open to suggestions for aftermarket ones to purchase. In my area advance auto parts offers the "car done" brand??
Old 05-08-2019, 07:19 AM

Crusty You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

See if you can find a company called "VINTAGE" parts.
They buy up new old stock for pennies on the dollar when the manufacturers decide to clear out their own warehouses and write a lot of stuff down, off the books.
A few times Standard Motor Products (aka Blue Streak) had an ECM available. Dont know if they still do or not.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
See if you can find a company called "VINTAGE" parts.
They buy up new old stock for pennies on the dollar when the manufacturers decide to clear out their own warehouses and write a lot of stuff down, off the books.
A few times Standard Motor Products (aka Blue Streak) had an ECM available. Dont know if they still do or not.

My local GM dealer located on in NJ so it's on the way. Got it for almost 50% off list. I have a local shop that will program/activate it.