Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verdict User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 11-06-2015, 11:36 PM

andre104623 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Bought like new verdict d7

Hello everyone new here and just bought a used but like new verdict d7 from snap on. I got canned a few weeks ago from my job that I was working for 6 years. After being fired for nothing ( really nothing ) I found a new job within 3 hours and took to it quite fast. Now I just paid off my classic 96 box and needed it moved and the snap on dealer wanted 125! So I told him that I been looking for a really good future proof scanner, scope so that changed everthing and had my box moved next day for free.

They wanted me to buy a verus pro new and it was just to big so he just had someone trade in a 3 month old verdict d7 complete with tool box and obd-1 master kit and euro almost every extra you can get. The price 5500usd I couldn't say no so signed my life over once again. Now I been playing around with it all day and I'm impressed works great and looks very professional. But seems that a lot of people are not happy with there verdicts so I'm asking if there is anything I need to know. I just hope I made a good investment and not a mistake. Snap on is coming monday to give me a free update and I demanded a winter jacket so is there anything I should get with this system to make it problem free for a while.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-07-2015, 06:41 AM
Snap-on DSD

Joe Rappa Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Most users that don't like the Verdict complain that it is slow. Like any computer, it takes time to boot, but once it boots it is plenty fast as a scanner. The battery life is good. Having a wireless meter and scope is pretty cool at times.
Cruising the internet, especially if you use Internet Explorer, is definitely on the slow side. I avoid doing that on my Verdict except for when I am using Shopkey. I also use Chrome as my browser. Anything other than Internet Explorer works better!

The scope will play live without any delay, but if you freeze the scope and want to view or save the whole file, it takes time to transfer back to the D7. This takes a minute or two over Bluetooth, and is normal operation. Give it a try.

If you aren't bothered by the boot time of the Verdict, you'll be happy with it.

Joe
Old 11-07-2015, 08:18 AM
Banned

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Default good advice

What ever you do, don't drop it, but please please please take any powerful magnetic pickup tools (that could corrupt a hard drive or SD card)out of your shirt pocket first before hugging and hanging onto it like a running back that can't afford to get the ball stripped on the run.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:41 AM

chopperb Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

I have had a verdict for 2 years. Only issue I have had is the hard drive crashed. Other then that no issues at all.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:44 PM

crackerclicker Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witsend View Post
What ever you do, don't drop it, but please please please take any powerful magnetic pickup tools (that could corrupt a hard drive or SD card)out of your shirt pocket first before hugging and hanging onto it like a running back that can't afford to get the ball stripped on the run.

I don't think you could fit a magnet capable of damaging a hard drive (or SD card) in your shirt pocket.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:57 PM

Crusty You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerclicker View Post
I don't think you could fit a magnet capable of damaging a hard drive (or SD card) in your shirt pocket.
Some "rare earth" magnets might be capable....they're really powerful .....I wouldn't try it...lol
Old 11-08-2015, 03:09 PM

crackerclicker Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Hmmm . . . well next time my Snap On guy tries to sell me a rare earth magnetic pickup tool I'll be sure to decline.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:58 PM

andre104623 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Thanks guys for the info. I got the whole package today and update to 15.4 I'm very happy with it. It has already made me money over the weekend even with the old software. I also got the 95th year winter jacket and hooded sweatshirt. I build PCBs and fix computers as a side job so at some point I will upgrade the ram and hard drive to a ssd when of course its legally mine just to make it faster.

It is slow as balls but I knew that from the beginning just look at the specs if you remember those old little netbook computers they have the same power just about. But I didnt buy a computer I bought a tool and honestly the windows XP is the best work OS
Old 11-14-2015, 09:05 AM

MonzaRacer Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default IF,,,

IF it comes with warranty dont open it up,if it doesnt swap in matching 2GBram chip.
Swap out hdd for ssd, just clone it.
I have yet to find anything wrong other than its not super fast, but as for doing the work, it works well. If you have M2 meter you can swap out battery with self made battery pack using nimh aaa batteries in radio shack battery holders.
I used Harbor Freight batteries.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonzaRacer View Post
IF it comes with warranty dont open it up,if it doesnt swap in matching 2GBram chip.
Swap out hdd for ssd, just clone it.
I have yet to find anything wrong other than its not super fast, but as for doing the work, it works well. If you have M2 meter you can swap out battery with self made battery pack using nimh aaa batteries in radio shack battery holders.
I used Harbor Freight batteries.
It does come with warranty so I will hold off on ram upgrade. The m2 meter is brand new and I used it for the first time Thursday scoping out a O2 sensor on a 2005 ford explorer. But it nice to know there is a 3rd party way of replacing the battery pack thanks for the info