X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alexmrad
    • Nov 2010

Bios entering password

Hi everyone,

I have verus EEMS323 , when I try to enter bios setup , the device asks for password , does anyone know what is that password , thank you .
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
    #16 Add to wildrides's Reputation Report Post
    Old 07-16-2015, 03:55 PM

Diagnostic Tool(s): verus
    wildrides Congratulations! Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default If You Don't Know What You Are Doing Don't Do It!!!
    WXY830 is what you need but I have left out the last (number) so this way I didn't really give the bios password YOU figured it out yourself. don't worry by getting it wrong hmm three times you will not be locked out.

please read title again
    Copied and pasted from an old thread , maybe you can PM the guy and ask what last number was ? At least he mentioned (number) , so if it works, guess you'll have to name your kid ToBios or something

Comment

• alexmrad
      • Nov 2010

thank Witsend , did he mean that I have to add one more digit to become 7 digits , or just change the last digit and keep'em 6 digits ? thank you again .

Comment

• sbreland73
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by alexmrad
        thank Witsend , did he mean that I have to add one more digit to become 7 digits , or just change the last digit and keep'em 6 digits ? thank you again .
        You have to add one more digit. But you won't be locked out if you enter the wrong digit THREE times is the way I read that post.
        S. Breland

Comment

• alexmrad
          • Nov 2010

I got it ,, it's "qqya" ,, thank you anyway .

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

I got it ,, it's "qqya" ,, thank you anyway .
            What's "qqya"? Thought it's "QWYA" Quit While You're ahead.

Comment

• phill57
              • Oct 2007

Bios Password

Does anyone know what the bios password is for the Verus Edge? Plus how to access the Bios setup?

Comment

• phill57
                • Oct 2007

password

Figured it out. see above and escape

Comment

• GypsyR
                  • Jul 2017

How do you get to the bios? On many PC's you hold F10 or some other key while booting.

Comment

• Wheel
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by GypsyR
                    How do you get to the bios? On many PC's you hold F10 or some other key while booting.
                    delete key.
                    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• GypsyR
                      • Jul 2017

OK, thanks. phill57 said it was the Escape key in the other thread. I guess either works? I'll check it out later.

Comment

• GypsyR
                        • Jul 2017

Holding ESC or Delete works. And the last digit is 3.

Comment

• Turbo1dr
                          • May 2017

Do not try to overclock your VERUS' memory. You will corrupt the BIOS and then you're in for a $1000 repair. Not that I know anything about that....
                          VERUS Wireless EEMS325 - Windows 7 Ultimate & Windows 10 - 256GB Solid State Drive - 5Ghz WiFi - 17.2 Diagnostic Suite

Comment

• Witsend
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2012

Do not try to overclock your VERUS' memory. You will corrupt the BIOS and then you're in for a $1000 repair. Not that I know anything about that....
                            Good advice and impressive tech savy , however If something goes wrong and Snap On is no longer supporting the Verus and Verus Wireless with software or hardware support any longer guess if you break it , it's broke for good.
                            If you aren't surfing the web, and use it strictly as a diagnostic tool, then why bother to install Windows 7 for the added security against newer exploits and malware attacks that wouldn't be necessary unless Windows 7 has a component to it, that you can find and set up something called TRIM in BIOS for SSD health and turn off selection for De-fragmentation that might damage an SSD. Maybe XP is too dated to run newer programs or attach newer USB connected devices from ?confused:
                            Think I'll just continue to use my discontinued Android based ChinaMan tool that I Snagged used last year for $1500 , mainly to get the J2534 it comes with, Hit or Miss but still worth every Cheap Bastard Bottom Feeder penny paid and will use that for another year or two and try to snag a used Verus Edge off Craigslist hopefully for around 2k in a few. I'm already seeing them on Craigs in $4k range. I have not read anything about any improvements to the junky software of Autel 4 channel scope, and their user forum s@cks Donkey .....
                            Last edited by Witsend; 08-11-2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Turbo1dr
                              • May 2017

Originally posted by Witsend
                              If you aren't surfing the web, and use it strictly as a diagnostic tool, then why bother to install Windows 7 for the added security against newer exploits and malware attacks that wouldn't be necessary unless Windows 7 has a component to it, that you can find and set up something called TRIM in BIOS for SSD health and turn off selection for De-fragmentation that might damage an SSD. Maybe XP is too dated to run newer programs or attach newer USB connected devices from ?confused:
                              I like using Windows 7 because Snap-On doesn't like me to upgrade their unsupported products and make them last for a few more years.
                              VERUS Wireless EEMS325 - Windows 7 Ultimate & Windows 10 - 256GB Solid State Drive - 5Ghz WiFi - 17.2 Diagnostic Suite

Comment

Working...