X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrorl63
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Verus Service Release 1

Attention all VERUS owners - There is a Service Release that you can download and install over the internet at http://diagnostics.snapon.com/displa...nloadPage2.nws
    I performed the download and installation Friday and was very impressed with the enhancements.
    Attached Files
  • canfix auto
    • Oct 2008

thanks

wondered when the first update would come out, glad to see the patch was free, just did mine and i do know the verus suite is faster opening.

Comment

• Billcmat
      • Apr 2007

VERUS SR1: Now THIS Is How It's Supposed To Work!!!

What a great day! I hope that Snap-On learns that this is the way it is suppposed to work!. When you sell something and a feature doesn't work correctly, you fix it for FREE, without waiting for the next big update!!

Just installed SR1, and it went without a hitch. The software is faster to load, faster to run, and I see some problems already fixed.

The biggest one for me so far is the dataviewer willnow read scanner files without locking up!

Now to go find a Ford and check the data update rate!!

Snap-On: This is how you do it!! Keep it up!

Willie
      Bill Mays
      Duffy's Repair Service
      Ashland, VA

Comment

• phill57
        • Oct 2007

Update to software.

Thankyou Snap-On

As the other folks mentioned, this is the way that things should be done. Just a comment though. Most software releases will include a text document or other reference to let us know which bugs have been addressed with the release. I can see some improvements to the overall stability of the program so far such as when playing back recorded files. It would be nice to know which other "fixex" have been implemented.

The link to the Mitchell On Demand is a much welcomed enhancement too! Good job, keep it up please.

Comment

• No-Start
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by phill57
          I can see some improvements to the overall stability of the program so far such as when playing back recorded files.
          Are you referring to playing back scanner files, scope files or both?

No-Start.

Comment

• 40twist
            • Nov 2008

definitely is faster now and now the on demand.com link is in there....great

Comment

• Transman
              SDE Member
              • Oct 2006

Did mine today and it went smooth as glass! Transman
              Happy T-Day everyone!
              We can be right or we can be wrong, But we don't learn from being right!

Comment

• nguyendo
                • Nov 2007

The installation was flawless, however notice Chrysler Automatic ID still lock up, especially when K25 key used. Is it just me or the tools? Hoping to see Ignition Scope added in the near future. See alot of improvement from the update though.

Comment

• 40twist
                  • Nov 2008

Sound and power icons wont stay available down in the right corner after the install. Sometime the virtual keyboard icon also does not stay loaded now also after the install. So they fixed a few things but also broke a few things.

Comment

• emcgarvey
                    • Nov 2008

9.2 Udate

ok I have been wondering.... So I figured I'd post a question or two to all you snap on guys out there (mostly rep guys )

I have just recieved my Verus (well got to hold it for five minutes before I found that my dealer had to take it to be activated ) And saw that there is an update sr1 that is free.

Sooo to get to my main question. The verus was advertised with the ignition scope when it first came out and was told it wasnt on there currently.

Caught rumor that there might be a chance no promises that it would be on the 9.2 update. Will the 9.2 update be free to verus owners if the ignition scope is part of the update? Since the price of the unit was not lowered for it not being complete.

This is just a question as a verus owner.

Comment

• No-Start
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by emcgarvey
                      ok I have been wondering.... So I figured I'd post a question or two to all you snap on guys out there (mostly rep guys )

I have just recieved my Verus (well got to hold it for five minutes before I found that my dealer had to take it to be activated ) And saw that there is an update sr1 that is free.

Sooo to get to my main question. The verus was advertised with the ignition scope when it first came out and was told it wasnt on there currently.

Caught rumor that there might be a chance no promises that it would be on the 9.2 update. Will the 9.2 update be free to verus owners if the ignition scope is part of the update? Since the price of the unit was not lowered for it not being complete.

This is just a question as a verus owner.
                      I'm not a "Snap On guy", but I was just curious. Where did you see them advertise that the scope had ignition capabilities besides single cylinder ignition?

No-Start.

Comment

• emcgarvey
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by No-Start
                        I'm not a "Snap On guy", but I was just curious. Where did you see them advertise that the scope had ignition capabilities besides single cylinder ignition?

No-Start.
                        I do believe on the original web page of the verus in begining of Sept when I had ordered mine. Now it doesnt show scope on the page. If I remember correctly it was under the lab scope and also had a order # under optional accessories for ignition scope set. (this is if I remember correctly.... was back in sept)

Comment

• Transman
                          SDE Member
                          • Oct 2006

It does do secondary ignition scoping but you can't select anything other then the pattern it shows. It isn't very helpful when you can't do parade, superimposed, or raster patterns. Transman
                          We can be right or we can be wrong, But we don't learn from being right!

Comment

• emcgarvey
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Transman
                            It does do secondary ignition scoping but you can't select anything other then the pattern it shows. It isn't very helpful when you can't do parade, superimposed, or raster patterns. Transman
                            Ok now new question...... Will Verus have the ability to do all of those???? And When????

Comment

• sdlindsey
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by emcgarvey
                              Ok now new question...... Will Verus have the ability to do all of those???? And When????
                              I'm not qualified to speak on specifics as I have no special information, however I will say that as far as I understand it this is all a software issue. The hardware is capable, but the software functionality to do these things clearly isn't available yet. I don't know when, but know this: That it will come in time.

I don't know if it will be released as a service pack update, or with another release -- and I don't know if it will be free of charge, or rolled into the new release purchase or something.

Probably not the answers you were looking for, but there it is.

Comment

Working...