scanner module update

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chiba280
    • Nov 2015

I spoke to a rep ,There was no attemp to help me out. He just said okay send it in , it will be $258.00 to repair the unit and there is no guarantee that it will work !! unbelievable!! Reps name was Luciano....so here I am hoping someone had the same issue and got it fixed. I really appreciate your help.thank you , I'll keep trying..After the I think I'll be pretty much done with Snap on scanners.. time to look elsewhere.

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

unable to update wireless module

Hello There

I had a similar problem with an earlier version Verus where it kept telling me to update the scan module and it wouldn't take. I too called into tech support and was told to send it in for repair. Try unpairing the module and then add it back again. It should then tell you to update again. That worked for me and it was fine until i upgraded to another unit two years later. Hope that works for you. I feel your frustration. Another option is to try adding another bluetooth scan module, if you can borrow one from someone else. That would establish if your problem is in the software on the Verus or in the wireless module.

good luck

Comment

• Chiba280
        • Nov 2015

Thank you , I think they send the update corrupted so that you can upgrade to a newer unit.. Maybe not to everyone but a few . It's just a thought not saying it's true ,! What bothers is that you can't even reinstalled the last version you was using that worked..cause it doesn't save it.. I'll keep trying if it don't work I'll sell the unit on eBay, sure someone can get to connect or might have a scan module they can connect to..thanks let you know if it works..Very frustrating

Comment

• Chiba280
          • Nov 2015

Still no luck . It connects to the scan module but no communication..

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Still no luck . It connects to the scan module but no communication
            Not sure what the software update is on your Verus if current 18.4 or not, but if it is , You would think with all the Chinaman Tool Competition out there now and to keep the Faith-full they still have left, that if you purchased a new update recently for a Snap On Scanner, that they too would also cover the necessary support or warranty repairs to the tablet or VCI during a 12mo period to fix, Like some Chinaman brand scanner updates offer if it messes up in the one year period of the update period.
            Last edited by Witsend; 12-13-2018, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Roostertail
              • Oct 2016

Drivers

Did you try reloading the drivers. Below is the address they are located

Comment

• Turbo1dr
                • May 2017

I have a wireless module that does the exact same thing. I can connect the same VERUS to another wireless module and the tool works just fine. So it must be in the wireless module.
                VERUS Wireless EEMS325 - Windows 7 Ultimate & Windows 10 - 256GB Solid State Drive - 5Ghz WiFi - 17.2 Diagnostic Suite

Comment

• jimsperf
                  • Mar 2019

snapon module update/step by step

Originally posted by Chiba280
                  Hey fellows having trouble connecting to my scan module , it goes thru the update via the USB states its complete. The problem is when I go to use it and try to read scan data or pids, it reads and update is available for the scan module and it those not communicate with the verus ! I update again and to no avail .it connects to the Verus I can see the light flickering on both scanner and module, but still no communication. When I start up the Verus and plug the scan module to the vehicle , they pair up the module beeps but no communication! Any help , does any one have a copy of the USM driver that come on a USB stick when you purchase the unit ? I can by a copy from you if you have one , please I need my scan module to hookup so I can work on my cars. .. thanks

Comment

Working...