Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orlando
    • Feb 2011

VIN Programming

hi guys quick question; do i need a motorcraft subscription to program VIN on a Crownvic 2FABP7BV9BX159437 owner replaced PCM new; and now it has code P1639.
  • diesel71
    • Feb 2008

they just removed the old and replaced with the new pcm? you will need to install the old pcm and perform a pmi (programable module installation) this will transfer all the needed files and vin. you will need a subscription to use fmp.

Comment

• orlando
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by diesel71
      they just removed the old and replaced with the new pcm? you will need to install the old pcm and perform a pmi (programable module installation) this will transfer all the needed files and vin. you will need a subscription to use fmp.
      i don't have the old one; i will get a subscription then; thank you very much.

Comment

• Glide
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by orlando
        i don't have the old one; i will get a subscription then; thank you very much.
        If you don't have the old one don't use pmi use "asbuilt data".

Comment

• orlando
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Glide
          Ok thanks.

Comment

• Steve6911
            • Feb 2007

With PCM replacement I always use As Built, I had a few Escapes where the ignition coil blew the coil driver and that some how corrupted the PCM. Pulled the data from the old PCM and got VIN mismatches and all kinds of weird errors. Since then its As Built only.

Comment

• Glide
              • Jan 2015

For me it depends on the situation.With used modules you have to use asbuilt or the vin won't change.
              The one time that using asbuilt screwed me up was when changing a GEM and the asbuilt data had a corrupted file. Fortunately I was working at a Ford dealership and a engineer from the hotline worked through my laptop to correct it.If I had been able to do a pmi (the original GEM had communication issues),that wouldn't have happened.

Comment

• orlando
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Steve6911
                With PCM replacement I always use As Built, I had a few Escapes where the ignition coil blew the coil driver and that some how corrupted the PCM. Pulled the data from the old PCM and got VIN mismatches and all kinds of weird errors. Since then its As Built only.
                I do not see as built option anywhere

Comment

• Glide
                  • Jan 2015

Click on the toolbox,select module programming,click on the checkmark on the right.You will see your choices,choose As-Built,select which module,then click on the checkmark to the right.

Comment

• orlando
                    • Feb 2011

Click on the toolbox,select module programming,click on the checkmark on the right.You will see your choices,choose As-Built,select which module,then click on the checkmark to the right.
                    I did that and AS BUILT does not show up, i do not know if i have a problem with my PC or something, but i was able to get the old PCM and do PMI, thanks everybody for your help.

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

I did that and AS BUILT does not show up, i do not know if i have a problem with my PC or something, but i was able to get the old PCM and do PMI, thanks everybody for your help.
                      Yesterday 04:52 PM
                      Awesome , glad you got a hold of the old ECM. Maybe as long as you paid for the Sub , you could see if you can at least check to see that it's at the latest calibration level available .

Comment

Working...