Live stream training for Intelligent Diagnostics

• tech25
    • Oct 2017

thanks,, i will try to tune in

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

If on the 18th , my Tinfoil hat happens to be tuned into something else, will there be a You tube link posted to click on later to see what we might have missed?

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
        If on the 18th , my Tinfoil hat happens to be tuned into something else, will there be a You tube link posted to click on later to see what we might have missed?
        Not sure but maybe you could upgrade to a Tinfoil hat with DVR

Comment

• ephratah service center
          • Oct 2007

I tuned in to the first one and it looked more like a sales pitch than anything watched about 10 minutes then lost interest maybe I lost interest to quick

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Built in AI Assistant Snapanna will be soon built into Intelligent Diagnostics software and She will do the diagnostics for you with commands for you to put which probe where and continue doing things for her to carry out things in an automated fashion. She will becoming the Mentor for all kids fresh out of tech school instead of some Crabby old shop owners

Comment

• tech25
              • Oct 2017

watched the stream....first off, I like that snap on is doing something like this on some level, putting effort out and attempting to get more engaged with customers is always a great thing.

second. the scenario they showed with a truck with a lean running code ( P0171) was very silly.

they go into depth on showing how you can narrow down pids, graph them, ect. ect. to find the problem... and the problem was a major crack in the exhaust manifold near the flange that bolts to the cyl. head..

now.. this situation was absolutely silly, no one would ever go and do this, because they would of obviously of heard a giant exhaust leak, in fact the engine would of been so loud you probably couldn't even talk to one another if standing by the engine.

obviously they didn't care about the actual problem, ( because this was pre recorded ) and was just using it as a vice to sell the ( features ) of the new scan tool and its services. but you failed because anyone would not need any of that to diagnose that problem.

solution...actually use a real complicated problem where the features would of saved hours and hours of time and the problem wasn't obvious..

good try guys. less product selling next time, and more showing how your tools can help in complex problems that anyone with ears and generic scan tool couldn't fix.

Comment

• GypsyR
                • Jul 2017

Sounds like a pretty good summary of the "diagnose" button to me. Lots of help and info for problems whose solution is already obvious to an apprentice and pretty much no help for codes and issues no one in the shop has seen or heard of before. Sounds like they nailed it.

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

I would have asked , For someone that works mostly on cars that are older than 10 years old who picks up a used Snap On Scanners several years later that is out of subscription,that be left as it is, would a Verus Edge running 17.2 or 17.4 be a better choice for me then buying a Zuess that has expired 19.2 or 19.4 because so much in it rides on the Altus Intelligent Diagnostics cloud that gets turned off after update expires, and the non functioning windows with update Nag messages would be Intrusive and irritating?

Comment

• Glide
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
                    I would have asked , For someone that works mostly on cars that are older than 10 years old who picks up a used Snap On Scanners several years later that is out of subscription,that be left as it is, would a Verus Edge running 17.2 or 17.4 be a better choice for me then buying a Zuess that has expired 19.2 or 19.4 because so much in it rides on the Altus Intelligent Diagnostics cloud that gets turned off after update expires, and the non functioning windows with update Nag messages would be Intrusive and irritating?
                    With the Edge series suretrack/guided component tests is internet based and only with a current subscription as far as I know.Something pre-Edge would probably work best for a expired subscription as the info is actually on the scanner.

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

With the Edge series suretrack/guided component tests is internet based and only with a current subscription as far as I know.Something pre-Edge would probably work best for a expired subscription as the info is actually on the scanner.
                      What latest update a Verus Pro offered where all the guided diagnostics remained working and in the tool itself?

Comment

• Glide
                        • Jan 2015

I don't know.Maybe a Verus Pro user will respond.From what I have read wifi access is only required for suretrack on the Pro.

Comment

• Nate75
                          • Jan 2019

I have a modis edge with 18.4, it has the suretrack which is only available with a subscription but also still has the old troubleshooting guide on the scanner itself. no wifi or subscription needed. I assume the verus platform would be the same way.

Comment

• Witsend
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2012

From what I have read wifi access is only required for suretrack on the Pro.
                            It's too bad that besides the Shop Stream Connect program you can't also just download The Sure Trak Trouble Shooter Program up to your current update level to continue to use the troubleshooter part PC based after your update level is expired like it once was built into the software cartridges and never timed out. At least the former built in Sure Trak trouble shooter kind of made up for lack of some functions and included European coverage standard at no additional cost that cheaper competition offers and they have been loosing ground to, since though competition being more hit or miss and more time wasted googling for lack of troubleshooter, the Hit or Miss competition often saves $ buying OE subs if the scantool offers more in the way of coding, key programming, and programmable module installation capability without need of buying OE subs and relying on a Jbox as often.
                            If out of paid subscription time , if the SureTrak trouble shooter is no longer useable , you might as well just buy yourself a new wireless Chinaman tool for what it cost you to buy a used Snappy cabled scanner without access to SureTrak anymore when you can sit in air conditioned comfort drinking a cold one and googling things indoors while the car is getting all module scan wirelessly from your hot garage.
                            Making (former built in ) SureTrak troubleshooter internet based and dependent on maintaining a current update to access trouble shooter diminishes it's perceived value IMO even if what it does is less hit or miss at times than Chinaman stuff.

Comment

• Witsend
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

I have a modis edge with 18.4, it has the suretrack which is only available with a subscription but also still has the old troubleshooting guide on the scanner itself. no wifi or subscription needed. I assume the verus platform would be the same way.
                              So the old troubleshooting guide still remains as built in for the older model year coverage from the years of cars covered before Sure Trak got moved to being internet based, or just a Skeletal Remains structure listing some rudimentary causes of listed codes for old and new?

Comment

Working...