X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emcgarvey
    • Nov 2008

Got my Verus!!!!

I finally recieved my Verus and must say I am impressed. However, I have come across some problems.

1) If you create a user account to safeguard your Verus and set a password you become "locked out" and can't login due to the virtual keyboard not loading until windows loads. You have to plug a usb keyboard in to enter your pass.

2) If you enter a vehicle into the verus it will not carry over to the other systems.

3) When you go to "print" the tech report it excludes half of the information that should be on the report. Tech notes, and sometimes vehicle information.

4) Unless I keep the Verus plugged in all the time I have to re-enter the date and time in system tray.

5) On a 2002 ford ranger 4.0 I was unable to control the canister purge valve to perform an evap test. I was able to actuate it with a solus and mt2500 to perform the test though.

So far these are what I have found on my first week of owning the tool.
    Also this was a verus with build production of 12/1 that has the new software preinstalled (sr1+)

Comment

• TurboJim
      • Jan 2007

My dealer has given me an offer I almost cant refuse, but my original "test drive" of the Verus left me unipressed. I wondered if any of you guys or, if a SO moderator is listening here, if SnapOn released a "release notes" list of repairs, bug fixes etc in this service pack to see if they addressed any of the issues I found in the unit I demo'd, and what features if any, were planned on for near future updates. I would be trading in my Solus and VP and would really hate to lose the functionality of either of them. SO if the Verus wont do everything each unit willl do, I will pass. This includes the HORRIBLE data pid refresh rates. As was said in another reply, its not fair that bug fixes and repairs to problems should vome at a PRICE after paying for a WORKING program. I'd expect that if I paid a G-note for software, it would WORK and if something wasnt right, it would be repaired and I could install the "fix" for free. Otherwise having to wait till a next release and PAYING for repairs to software that I paid to work isnt really fair. Another thing is ignition scope. This is almost the only thing I use my VP for. I do scope some sensors, but I use my COP flags for finding dead coils lickety split and would miss terribly and hate to lose this function.

Can anyone give me any insight? This deal is almost too good to pass up, but I still just might if this thing is still a boat anchor with no plans to float to the top.
      Jim Testa
      Senior Technician
      JD Automotive & Truck Inc
      Dover, NJ

Comment

• diesel71
        • Feb 2008

just a note for those that get there verus in the next few weeks, i got mine on 12-15-2008 and the software service release version 1.2.1.457 was already installed If to try to update it a pop-up screen will tell you it is already up to date.

Comment

• emcgarvey
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by diesel71
          just a note for those that get there verus in the next few weeks, i got mine on 12-15-2008 and the software service release version 1.2.1.457 was already installed If to try to update it a pop-up screen will tell you it is already up to date.
          Mine had that and was buld date 12/1

Comment

• davejauto
            • Jan 2009

verus

I posted this question on another page and then learned there was a Verus forum. My Verus is only 3 weeks old but I cannot scan pre-OBD2 gm vehicles as it will not communicate. My Genysis has no problems. Am i missing something?:

Comment

• davejauto
              • Jan 2009

verus pass-through ability

One more question about the Verus: do you have to use the pass-through module from snap-on to have pcm re-flash capability or can you use other brands to do so? I dont really know much about that but want to be able to do so soon.
              thx for you input

Comment

• Transman
                SDE Member
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by davejauto
                I posted this question on another page and then learned there was a Verus forum. My Verus is only 3 weeks old but I cannot scan pre-OBD2 gm vehicles as it will not communicate. My Genysis has no problems. Am i missing something?:
                The Verus is like the "Red Brick" in the fact that you have to hook power up to the connection. I found on an OBD 2 when the fuse was blown to the aldl, I had no communication but the Modis still communicated. Transman
                We can be right or we can be wrong, But we don't learn from being right!

Comment

• davejauto
                  • Jan 2009

thx, I will give that a try.

Comment

• weisman21
                    • Jan 2009

ok, feeling stupid. did update, everything seems to be better. where is the ondemand link? matthew

Comment

• Chevytruckman1234
                      • Mar 2008

Go to the componet test with verus should be the next post down
                      you need to start the repair and then go to options and click on it and there is a menu that says website and lets you pick

Comment

• tonninash
                        • Nov 2009

verus sevice release

my verus is 8.4 version,i want to know if i can download the sevice 1,2,3 into it and how do i go through the procces.thanks

Comment

• Steve6911
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by tonninash
                          my verus is 8.4 version,i want to know if i can download the sevice 1,2,3 into it and how do i go through the procces.thanks
                          Click on the link below

Steve

Comment

• edweinstein
                            • Sep 2009

veruus 10.4 is costing money!~!!!!**** snapon

Comment

• edweinstein
                              • Sep 2009

Verus 10.4

have a problem with the (back )not being there,stuk being in limbo,only way out was to pull battery pack and reboot!10.4 problem only!!!!!!promises from H.Q.on the way.H.Q. says email on the way to solve problem,yet no mail!!talk to dealer (no answers).finally update appears on screen,do what is promted hope it solves problem.my ? is why did I have to do this myself??where was my email from snapon,and the part that really pissed me off was when I called my :dealer:he knew about it allready!hope it solves problem,if not,just bought 600.00dallors wearth of hammers from MATCO

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                                • Nov 2007

Dead Thread!!!

Ed,

Why post that here? This thread is a dead thread.

Before you posted here it was almost 2 years since this thread was active...,

It was for a really old Service realease around 9.2 or so..

Post it in a new thread. In the Verus users forum of course..

And why doesn't Snap-on take this thread down?

Comment

Working...