X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by tonymc
    hey ya'll, yep, I'm from Texas, my user name is tonymc. been doing this a long time, since 1976. worked dealerships mostly. last 8 years in an independent shop. the only education I get is in the tip and forum systems. I will be lurking.
    Hi tonymc

Alberta is too cold up in the oil fields for me-!!
    Texas might be too warm-!! LOL
    (yes, I know away from the gulf it can get cold there too-!! LOL)

LURK to your hearts content.
    Don't be afraid to ask questions here.
    There isn't the rudeness or arrogance here as there is on another notorious site.

Comment

• cruisinmiles
      • Jul 2014

Tonymc! Familiar name from OnDemand! Welcome to the other side and the future chat room of great techs across North America. Crusty when it gets cold here in Alberta you got to dress for it, anything colder than -20 is the same, you just can't survive outside as long!!!!

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by cruisinmiles
        Tonymc! Familiar name from OnDemand! Welcome to the other side and the future chat room of great techs across North America. Crusty when it gets cold here in Alberta you got to dress for it, anything colder than -20 is the same, you just can't survive outside as long!!!!
        LOL it gets that cold HERE so I'm not looking to be any colder!!

We heat with a woodstove so you can imagine this!! LOL

"If you've ever worn shorts and a Parka at the ssme time....." ROFLMAO.

Comment

• cruisinmiles
          • Jul 2014

If you've ever worn shorts and a Parka at the ssme time....." ROFLMAO

No, but have seen many taking the trash out in shorts and tee shirt in -20! At least when cold the wind is calm, usually!

Comment

• DrD907
            • Oct 2014

we wear fur bikinis here.

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

Welcome Dr. D, so glad you could make it !!

Comment

• rangie1980
                • Jun 2014

Hello Everyone

My User Name is Rangie1980; AKA Randall Price.
                Started working at Montgomery Wards Auto Center in the 70's in High School. Took Auto Mechanics in High School and worked 6 years after High School as a Mechanic. Joined the Army for 22 years as a Bradley System Mechanic. Retired 2008 now I am a Maintenance Fleet Supervisor at an Oil Field Service Company.
                Enjoy hearing from Army People and Mechanics; Enjoy hearing from people
                Live in Corpus Christi, TX
                Last edited by rangie1980; 10-27-2014, 02:00 PM. Reason: Location

Comment

• greasybob
                  • May 2008

Welcome rangie1980 and thank you for your service. Some great answers you've given on sure track.

Comment

• CaptEuro
                    • Jun 2014

Welcome guys.....

Comment

• just dave
                      • Oct 2014

hey,my name is dave been repairing cars,trucks and motor homes since 1983 and have spent a dozen at diffrent dealers but always prefered to work on all makes,dealerships become well....the same until the next line,started in an auto electric shop being... well older i do you know the crazy "fun" stuff did my own for 5 yrs but wife was ready to divorce and i made a choice,still married,at the same shop now for 13 yrs,been with mitchell for a very long time and have no complaints !! live in tampa florida area since 76 still ride motocross as much as i can and yeah summer is REALLY hot here

Comment

• DekaFleetTech
                        • Oct 2014

This is Me!

Hey guys, call me Matt. I am eastpennmanuf on Suretrack. I'm a 1994 graduate of Ford's Asset program, spent 94 to 05 front line in a high volume ford dealer eventually working as a A tech, and have been a fleet maintenance tech for a large lead acid battery manufacturer since. We have a varied fleet of 300 or so cars and light trucks ranging from 91 C1500's to 2014 Acura TL's. We also have an over the road, day cab, and straight truck fleet of approx. 175 units that get worked on on the heavy side of the shop. As well as having all my original Ford certs (was very close to my Masters), I've been going to the AASP's annual Tech Train seminars since 08 to try to stay current. We have a fairly modern shop using Snap on's Modis with the Vantage and scope, Ethos, and EVAP system tester/smoker. I'm a big fan of knocking heads on any and all issues, and always appreciate everyone's input! I've been on the receiving end of top quality help and advice on Shopkey5, Suretrack, and have always tried to give as good as I get.

Comment

• Crusty
                          • Dec 2007

Welcome to this side of the street DekaFleetTech-!!

You use knocking heads and I use rattling the noodle for challenges. My dealer days were in the 80's and yours were in the 90's. I feel sorry for you having to work on FORDs though (ROFLMAO). seriously though, they're ALL THE SAME. The principles of ohm's law and Pascals law, etc, etc havn't changed.

The more we can all communicate with common courtesy and respect the better we all are-!!

Welcome to you other guys (or Gals) who have joined us muleheads here-!!!

Comment

• CaptEuro
                            • Jun 2014

Welcome Guys!!!

Comment

• ratherbefishing75
                              • Jun 2014

frome the masshole

hi there greatins frome the north east home of all things rotted and crodded my name is Ron and ive been in the auto indestry for about 20 years lost track of time lol ive worked for toyota gm ford and other after market auto repair companys im not on shure track yet need to pay off new scanner first but will be there soon i hope

Comment

• greasybob
                                • May 2008

Ratherbefishing75, welcome, Do you have Mitchell or Shop Key ? If you do you can get on Sure Track for free, if that offer is still standing. Do you still get a free subscription with a software update purchase or scanner purchase ?

Comment

Working...