Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

97 riviera no ABS datastream

I've got a 97 riviera in for falser activation of TC and abs. My verus pro doesn't offer a datastream for this vehicle, my tech2win won't comm with abs but does all other modules. The handheld tech2 works but doesn't offer wheel speeds in datastream. Tried a maxisys and old genisys no bones there either, what to do? wheel bearings are too high to guess on. Resistance checks all pass and w/o a way to regulate the speed I would spin the wheels other forms of testing seem futile.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

97 ? It's an 18 year old turd in the midwest salt belt

I would first look close at the 16pin dlc terminals for green , then Pull the ABS Module Connector and check the connector and pins for evidence of green death and check the power and grounds . Take out that famous stud bolt at the bell housing and clean all the white **** off the threads and nut on a wire wheel and all the ground eyelets with a scotch brite pad. Seat and reseat that ABS module connector several times and see if you can then communicate. You probably can check the wheel sensor out put wave forms with the scope of your Verus at the hubs and at the ABS module connector

Comment

• badcoupe
      • Jan 2011

problem is none of the scanners even offer a datastream on this car at all or the ones that do don't offer wheel speeds.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

My experience with false ABS activation if it is one of the front hub sensors the side that drops wheel speed signal first gets less braking force to it than the opposite side, and you often can feel nibble in the steering wheel when the false ABS activation occurs during braking. The suspect front hub usually be on the side opposite of the brake pull (only noticeable when the false activation occurs) . Different size tires, busted rear tire belt, rim widths and even gross different tire pressures and worn and new tires could cause false brake activation

Comment

• Modis500
          • Sep 2012

I'd scope all 4 corners on that Verus Pro of yours on a test drive. Then you're getting real time unfiltered data in your lab scope to look for glitches as far as wheel speed goes. Now I know this doesn't give you any other data PIDS, but you won't have to "guess" which wheel bearing you might want to replace.
          "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
          Zig Ziglar

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

You might not need to drive it while back probing. If it uses AC generator type sensors, just back probe each wheel while spinning it by hand (each one at the same speed). The sensor that has the lowest voltage amplitude is probably the culprit.

Comment

Working...