Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • derktins
    • Oct 2012

Questions about verus scope accessories

Hey guys. This is my first post so if I break any etiquette or anything I'm sorry. I just got promoted out of the trenches and into the diagnostic bay about a year ago so I'm still working on a learning curve but getting better every day. Working without a the safety net of an old diagnostic pro anymore, I run into issues a lot but so far I've managed to diagnose everything that I've been thrown, including several of the "it's been to (insert number) shops and I'm it's still not fixed" type problems. Right now I am having 2 issues with Verus scope accessories I can't seem to figure out.

First, I have an EAC0056L03A COP wand that doesn't hook up to any of the jacks on the scope, or to any of my adapters. Is anyone else using this and what adapters do I need to hook it up? I can't seem to find one in the snap on catalog and my snap on truck driver is no help. Anyone got any useful tips on using it once I get it hooked up and start tinkering with it? It was bought when the verus was bought by the shop and the previous Diagnostic Tech never used it. It's just been collecting dust for a couple years. Any info at all would be appreciated.

Second, I am curious if anyone has any attenuators they use for backprobing COP coils and Injectors. The max input on the verus scope is 100V and thats way too low to backprobe these circuits. I haven's had any luck finding an attenuator to use for this purpose that would hook up to the 4mm banana jack plugs the verus and it's accessories all use. Does anyone have attenuators they use for this purpose? Where did you get them? What type of adapters do you use?

Thanks for any help you can offer and good luck in your bays, guys.
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by derktins
    Second, I am curious if anyone has any attenuators they use for backprobing COP coils and Injectors. The max input on the verus scope is 100V and thats way too low to backprobe these circuits. I haven's had any luck finding an attenuator to use for this purpose that would hook up to the 4mm banana jack plugs the verus and it's accessories all use.
    Don't worry so much about the inductive kick, if this is your concern, and welcome to the forum.
    S. Breland

Comment

• derktins
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by sbreland73
      Don't worry so much about the inductive kick, if this is your concern, and welcome to the forum.

So then it would be ok to backprobe COP coils and injectors with he verus? It won't damage my scope at all?

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

The max voltage should be 400 volts dc. No back probing coils and injectors won't cause any problems. The only bad experience that I have had was when I back probed a HID headlamp. The scope blanked out for a few minutes but then came back. They can put out over 400 volts for and extended period of time.

Comment

Working...