Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mj.burgess@btconnect.com
    • Nov 2008

Mike

Hi all again. I have been working on a Mercedes A Class A160 2000. The customer rang up to say that it would not start after leaving it parked up for four hours. I went and checked to find that when key was turned the display read "start error". I removed floor panel to access battery and fuses. Tested and found battery to be at 12.5 Volts. Windows lights and central locking is all working. When I plugged in diagnostics I recorded 18 fault codes. I disconnected the battery terminal and refitted, turned the key and it would start but go into limp mode. The throttle pedal would not respond. I have tried his spare key and operated the immobilizer in glove box but still not starting.

One thing I did find was with data on my diagnostics the battery would show only 8 Volts. If I disconnect the coil pack then it would read 12 Volts is this correct? I have also removed the battery to recharge and test, only to find a plug connector with two wires ( purple white and Blue) The blue wire was corroded and broken. At first I thought that this was the fault. Repaired but still the same. The chassis No on this vehicle is WDB1680332J453425. ECU part No A166 150 03 79

Here is a list of the fault codes.
    P0320 Ignition output stage cylinder 2 and 3 stored code
    P0600CAN from electronic stability program (ESP)stored code
    P0100 Hot film mass airflow sensor bank 2/5 spor fault stored code
    P1176 B40 oil sensor stored code
    P0230 Fuel pump release module K27 open/short circuit current code
    P0443 Canister purge (Y58/1) open circuit/short to ground current code
    P1673 CAN fault M4/3 Fan short to ground current code
    P0201 Injector cylinder 1 Y62Y1 open circuit/short to battery negative current code
    P0202 injector cylinder 2 Y62Y2 open circuit/short to battery negative current code
    P0203 injector cylinder 3 Y62Y3 open circuit/short to battery negative current code
    P0204 injector cylinder 4 Y62Y4 open circuit/short to battery negative current code
    P0230 Fuel pump release module K27 open/short circuit current code
    P1590 Safety fuel shut off detected current code
    P0120 B37 ped sensor 1 correleation sensor 1/2 stored code
  • TurboJim
    • Jan 2007

I had an 03? MLK do that (the 8v on the coils and injectors) turned out to be a fusebox problem. The connector underneath had a bad connection on the wire that feeds the above. Connector was melted, fusebox too. New fusebox, new pin in the connector and all was well.
    Jim Testa
    Senior Technician
    JD Automotive & Truck Inc
    Dover, NJ

Comment

• mj.burgess@btconnect.com
      • Nov 2008

Thanks or that Jim, I will have a look at that today and let you know

Comment

• landroverman1958
        • Feb 2010

Hiya from wet n windy Wales, I,ve had problems with the fuse holders in the fuse box in n/s/f foot well, check the location/ fuse description on your verus, usually says no comms too

Comment

Working...