Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orchid70
    • Apr 2019

Verus Wireless battery

My local (Swedish) dealer says theres no spare parts for the Wireless Verus any more since December 2018 - when I asked fo a new battery.
    Is that possible??
    The battery on the homepages (https://browse.snapon.com/#/product/EAA0354L12A)
    What Verus does this fit?

For me this sounds crazy....
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

It might no longer officially be supported with new replacement parts or repairs since December of 2018, but that doesn't mean all the old stock was sold yet or just burned in 50 gallon drums in the warehouse parking lots. Maybe your tool guy is just Parroting what he heard and doesn't want to spend the time checking what they still might have left.

Comment

• Orchid70
      • Apr 2019

Thats what he did - he contacted the only other SnapOn guy in Sweden and told me what he told him.
      I contacted the UK Snapon - and she asked me to contact the local SnapOn.....
      Sooo... who to ask now?
      I have seen there are dealers here in this forum - and I dont mind where I buy the battery from =)

My guess is - that the battery, on both home pages, is for the Varus Pro - but does that fit into Wireless?

I do understand the agents want to sell new stuff to people - I cannot afford new stuff - so its used stuff or non =)

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

The Verus Pro battery will not work in the Verus Wireless.

Here's a link to the Verus Wireless batter on the US website:

The US Tools Group Part Number is: EAA0354L12A
        I just checked, and as of today that part number is still valid and able to be ordered in the US.

I don't know if your part number is different, or if it's available where you are.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• Orchid70
          • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
          The Verus Pro battery will not work in the Verus Wireless.

Here's a link to the Verus Wireless batter on the US website:

The US Tools Group Part Number is: EAA0354L12A
          I just checked, and as of today that part number is still valid and able to be ordered in the US.

I don't know if your part number is different, or if it's available where you are.

Joe
          Thank you dear Joe!!!!!
          The part number is the same in UK.

I have written to the Swedish agent and told this info as well as the part number - and asked, if he thought I should order it from UK.....

I have a question - he also told that SnapOn stopped delivering udates for the Wireless since 31 of December 2018.
          Do YOU think it would be possible to buy the latest update (up to december 2018) - say from UK, where the tool comes from - if the Swedish agents continue to be stubborn?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
            Snap-on DSD
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Orchid70
            Thank you dear Joe!!!!!
            The part number is the same in UK.

I have written to the Swedish agent and told this info as well as the part number - and asked, if he thought I should order it from UK.....

I have a question - he also told that SnapOn stopped delivering udates for the Wireless since 31 of December 2018.
            Do YOU think it would be possible to buy the latest update (up to december 2018) - say from UK, where the tool comes from - if the Swedish agents continue to be stubborn?
            I doubt you will be able to get your hands on a update for it. Once support ends they can no longer be ordered, so unless someone has one lying around, you are out of luck.

Joe
            "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
            Henry Ford

Comment

• Orchid70
              • Apr 2019

Thanks Joe

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Glad you can get a new battery still. I never could understand why Snappy won't continue to sell their last legacy updates for all their old platforms for a decade afterwards on a steep sliding scale of decreasing cost after each year goes by. I have to wonder how many thousands of techs could have bought a one or two year old update at a lower cost after they actually need an update and still be getting by with an older Snap On platforms versus moving on to another brand.

Comment

• Orchid70
                  • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Witsend
                  Glad you can get a new battery still. I never could understand why Snappy won't continue to sell their last legacy updates for all their old platforms for a decade afterwards on a steep sliding scale of decreasing cost after each year goes by. I have to wonder how many thousands of techs could have bought a one or two year old update at a lower cost after they actually need an update and still be getting by with an older Snap On platforms versus moving on to another brand.
                  In Sweden - the agents said to my "colleague" (remember Im a retired home-wife and NOT a mechanic - I only even got my driving licence at the age of 40 - so the cost of a brand new diagnostics tool would have been more than we paid to get our drinking water well drilled down to 70 meters and near my annual earnings from the state) that he couldnt buy a used tool, because it wouldnt work on Swedish cars...

Comment

• Roostertail
                    • Oct 2016

"Off the shelf" battery

The Verus Wireless battery is an off the shelf battery. The only thing special about it is the plastic piece on the end. That battery is used in medical equipment around the world and is not difficult to find. You can then remove the plastic piece and place it on the new battery.

Comment

• Orchid70
                      • Apr 2019

Nice to know Roostertail =)

Comment

Working...