X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

External DVOM and Graphable External DVOM on Pid list

Be nice if the new SO scanners with the much higher graphing refresh rates just started incorporating as standard equipment ,a single pair of DVOM jacks and have a graph able pid that would always to be available with any pid list selection. An optional fused , lock able in any length, 25 ft Heavy duty retractable lead spool like a automotive clock spring , that would prevent long separate leads from entangling together, and spool could actually snap into place at bottom of scanner. (or run your own banana leads )You could then watch and graph DVOM pid taken directly off a suspect component connector side by side and compare it with what the PCM or a control module is seeing at it's end.
    Last edited by Witsend; 03-03-2015, 10:18 AM.
  • maven
    • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Witsend
    Be nice if.....
    I like the multitasking idea, I wish the Modis Ultra could split screen and show a scope/meter measurement and a scanner screen at same time. But the rest of your hardware thought seems like something I dont want to deal with/have to pay for when I have plenty of my own good custom leads.

Comment

• Wheel
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
      Be nice if the new SO scanners with the much higher graphing refresh rates just started incorporating as standard equipment ,a single pair of DVOM jacks and have a graph able pid that would always to be available with any pid list selection. An optional fused , lock able in any length, 25 ft Heavy duty retractable lead spool like a automotive clock spring , that would prevent long separate leads from entangling together, and spool could actually snap into place at bottom of scanner. (or run your own banana leads )You could then watch and graph DVOM pid taken directly off a suspect component connector side by side and compare it with what the PCM or a control module is seeing at it's end.
      Good news : Verus can already do this.

Bad news: You still have to jump thru unnecessarily time consuming complicated hoops to get it to do so.
      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Solees
        • Oct 2014

I use the Verdict M2 with my Verus wireless to avoid leads spread and tangled around the vehicle. I also have heard about / seen the split screening option. We had the Snap on tech truck guy here and he demonstrated the function, it involved resizing different windows etc. and did seem a bit complex. But it was possible to do though I haven't taken the opportunity to try it yet.

Comment

Working...