Ford Evap5.gif

Ford Evap6.gif

Thanks!
    Steve

Comment

• DougMontgomery
      • Jul 2007

Steve,

The only difference I can see is that SO has you perform this with the engine RUNNING. We were told you do it with KOEO, then start WITHOUT cycling key ff.

Maybe if you do the code clearing with the engine running..it will have the same results

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Doug
        If an OBDII Ford ever makes it back into my shop I'll try it by code clearing with the engine running and see what happens. As you stated this may be the only differance. Now if I just had a Ford!

Steve

Comment

• KarlStolz
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Steve6911
          Doug
          If an OBDII Ford ever makes it back into my shop I'll try it by code clearing with the engine running and see what happens. As you stated this may be the only differance. Now if I just had a Ford!

Steve
          You know what happens when you wish for a vehicle to roll into your shop such as the Ford; it might be one of those repairs that you can never get rid of....LOL

Comment

• Steve6911
            • Feb 2007

Well Karl you called it! 2001 Windstar 3.8L p0171, p0174 one U code 2 C codes and 4b codes . First time for this vehicle here and it looks like another while maintained vehicle . All he wants fixed is the P codes, intake is back together,will reflash in the morning. After I know all is well with the work I did I'll clear codes KOER and see if I can reset the Evap monitor, then maybe he will want to look into the other stuff .

Steve

Comment

• Glenn Jr.
              • Nov 2007

Steve,
              I was reading your post on the 3.8 Windstar. It looks like what ever Karl suggested fixed the problem with the lean codes on both banks. It just so happens I have one of those lovely Ford's in here with the same problem. The STFT is no where near the neg. I presume there is a leak somewhere in the intake manifold. Also the IMRC linkage is missing ?? I am new to this forum so I hope I can get back here to see if you respond.
              Thanx,
              Glenn Jr.

Comment

• MasterWrench
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Glenn Jr.
                Steve,
                I was reading your post on the 3.8 Windstar. It looks like what ever Karl suggested fixed the problem with the lean codes on both banks. It just so happens I have one of those lovely Ford's in here with the same problem. The STFT is no where near the neg. I presume there is a leak somewhere in the intake manifold. Also the IMRC linkage is missing ?? I am new to this forum so I hope I can get back here to see if you respond.
                Thanx,
                Glenn Jr.
                I have a 2003 Windstar with a 3.8 with memory codes of PO171 and PO174. There is a TSB for this.

3.8-MIL-DTC's PO171/PO174 Stored in Memory
                Reference # 03-16-1 issue date August 18, 2003.

See if this applies to your situation.
                MasterWrench

Comment

• Steve6911
                  • Feb 2007

Well Doug

After checking to make sure all was well with the Windstar I cleared codes (none present) with the engine running and took it for a good run. Fuel tank right at half full. Evap ran and passed. Cleared codes again KOEO started engine without shutting key off did same run, evap did not run! Guess found my problem. Thought about another thing later, do you think it makes a differance if you clear and run the vehicle in Global or Vin specific???

Thanks
                  Steve

Comment

• DougMontgomery
                    • Jul 2007

Steve,

Don't think the OE/Global maes a difference in this condition. However, I've been told clearing codes in Global on a Powerstroke might not clear all codes

Thanks fr the update on the "soak time"

Comment

• Glenn Jr.
                      • Nov 2007

Thanx for the info, I will let you know how it turns out.
                      Glenn Jr.

Comment

• Glenn Jr.
                        • Nov 2007

Ford Windstar P0171 & 174 Fixed

Sorry to be so late on the repair status of this vehicle. As it turned out it was one of the hoses to the DFPE sensor was bad where it is on the exhaust manifold tube. It must have been leaking just enough to set those codes but not enough to set a DFPE or EGR code. Anyway its all done.
                        Glenn Jr.

Comment

• Nick
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Glenn Jr.
                          Sorry to be so late on the repair status of this vehicle. As it turned out it was one of the hoses to the DFPE sensor was bad where it is on the exhaust manifold tube. It must have been leaking just enough to set those codes but not enough to set a DFPE or EGR code. Anyway its all done.
                          Glenn Jr.
                          What do you mean bad? Was it dry and burnt?

If it was check your back pressure. Excessive back pressure will melt the hoses and ruin the dpfe sensor.
                          Mechanic-Instructor-Mobile Trouble Shooter

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

• Glenn Jr.
                            • Nov 2007

No, not dry and burnt just leaking because of loose fit, it was actually split on the back side. Back pressure was fine !! Repair was done several weeks ago. I was all set to remove intake etc, when I discovered it, so I decided to give it a try and apparently that was the problem. Go figure, I have learned there are many surprises in this field. Some not so pleasant. BTW the Honda was the coil, secondary open. I had a used one here I tried and I have a distributor on order.
                            Glenn Jr.

Comment

• Nick
                              • Oct 2006

Good to know. Thx again for the fix info
                              Mechanic-Instructor-Mobile Trouble Shooter

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

• banditt1340@yahoo.com
                                • Mar 2010

help

i have a code fore my f150 can someone help me it is imrc bank 1 and 2 1537 1538

Comment

Working...