X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

17.4.2?

Hello

Just got the message last night to update to 17.4.2 software in my Verus Edge. Does anybody know what this update fixed? I know of several issues that the 17.4.1 software had such as missing access to computers on an Impala. (I had posted an earlier thread on this). Is there a change log somewhere?
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

That WOULD be great. That way we could do a little bragging on how they fixed this or that little thing maybe. Versus how we tend to complain about things not working about all the time.
    I ran mine real quick since you calle dit to my attention. Out of time today anyway but usually I can't spot the minor updates.

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

17.4.2 Glitch

Well it seems that the 17.4.2 update has created a new glitch. Since the update a couple days ago I noticed that if I close the diagnostic suite and try to reopen it I get an error message that the product is not installed. Rebooting the unit seems to fix it but even once got a message to contact support. I'm going to do that this morning. Verus Edge running 17.4.2 Here is a link: https://youtu.be/4dFpdDFMUdM

Comment

• tech25
        • Oct 2017

update includes fix for lexus and toyota
        Attached Files

Comment

• phill57
          • Oct 2007

Fixed

Not sure what happened but somehow the desktop icon lost it's link to the appropriate startup application file. Relinked and seems fine now. We will see what happens. I did get the information about the 17.4.2 update addressing Toyota/Lexus safety systems. Thanks

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Not sure what happened but somehow the desktop icon lost it's link to the appropriate startup application file. Relinked and seems fine now. We will see what happens. I did get the information about the 17.4.2 update addressing Toyota/Lexus safety systems. Thanks
            Some times after updating a restart is needed for everything to be normal again

Comment

• GypsyR
              • Jul 2017

I've heard of that issue. If you do a "retrieve all codes" on many Toyotas it would bork the occupant classification module for some reason. A pretty serious issue. Very good to know they found and implemented a fix for that.

Comment

• Crusty
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by GypsyR
                I've heard of that issue. If you do a "retrieve all codes" on many Toyotas it would bork the occupant classification module for some reason. A pretty serious issue. Very good to know they found and implemented a fix for that.
                Yes, pretty serious indeed. But, it'll blow your nose for ya...

Comment

• Jay G.
                  Administrator
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by phill57
                  Hello

Just got the message last night to update to 17.4.2 software in my Verus Edge. Does anybody know what this update fixed? I know of several issues that the 17.4.1 software had such as missing access to computers on an Impala. (I had posted an earlier thread on this). Is there a change log somewhere?
                  It looks like the old icon didn't get deleted during the update. In your video I can see on the top left of your desktop there is another diagnostic icon can you try using that and let me know the results.

Jay

Comment

• phill57
                    • Oct 2007

duplicate icon

So this is probably my own fault. If my memory serves me correctly I probably changed the name of the original icon so I didn't confuse it with the ShopStream Connect icon. Then when I did the update it created a new icon which I didn't notice and unlinked the original but didn't remove it. All is well now.

Comment

Working...