Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danksoldier
    • Dec 2010

Verdict on a 09 Audi A5 service light

I have a Verdict w/ euro and all service releases installed and am trying to reset a "service due reminder" (oil change) on a 09 Audi A5. There is a option in the scanner under "17-instrument panel" that says "service reset" which is not working correctly. I tried it 5 or 6 times (doors, hood, shut etc.) but the reminder popped back up every time. I went into the instrument panel service info and it said "0 miles since reset, 15000km till next service" and all other lines indicated it had been reset. There is a TSB (90 09 11 , 2020503/3) stating if the light comes right back on after reset and the Audi techs must "use the Service Work function in Guided Functions or Guided Fault Finding".

Is there a work around for us independents to reset these PITA service warnings? It's really a bummer to tell a customer they have to go to the dealer to reset it. Not to mention the inconvenience, they come to us not wanting to go through the dealership hassle. My buddy who is a tech at Audi said they have been doing it all day for free for customers who go to independents, yet 2 of ours called saying they wanted to charge them a minimum of 120.00.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Martin
Working...