Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

Escape PATS

2009 Ford Escape came in on hook with NO-CRANK-NO-START. Connected scan tool and found B1602- PATS invalid format key. Customer only has this one key. My question is if I install a new aftermarket lock cylinder (two keys included O'reilly brand), and a new PATS tranciever (Ford brand), will my Verus Edge be able to complete the PATS relearn process? Or do I need a J2534 tool to complete this repair? Any info would be great before I commit to this repair attempt. Thanks.
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

I don't see it on mine, but I'm not exactly sure what model/engine you have. To see for yourself, ID the vehicle into your scanner. Go to the PATS menu. If there is a choice for Functional Tests in that menu, you should be in business.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• Matt
      • Dec 2008

Thank you Joe. This project has been on the back burner for a while and has occupied a low priority at my shop, but now it's time to get it gone. I'll report back with the menu options.

Comment

• Matt
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
        I don't see it on mine, but I'm not exactly sure what model/engine you have. To see for yourself, ID the vehicle into your scanner. Go to the PATS menu. If there is a choice for Functional Tests in that menu, you should be in business.

Joe
        There is no "Functional Tests" tab available in the PAT's menu. There is a "PAT's HELP" tab that tells me the Anti-Theft functions in this vehicle are controlled by the Instrument Cluster (IC). At that point I entered the IC menu and found only 2 PATS options : "Anti-Theft Indicator Lamp Control (ON/OFF), and Anti-Theft RF Enable and Transmit Command (ON/OFF). It doesn't look like my Verus Edge is going to let me finish this repair.

Comment

• Matt
          • Dec 2008

Are there any aftermarket scan tools that have PATS access?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
            Snap-on DSD
            • Aug 2007

You are correct. The coverage isn't there. Your J Box should get you there though.

I can't speak for other brand scanners, but I bet someone else will chime in if they know something.

Joe
            "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
            Henry Ford

Comment

• Matt
              • Dec 2008

Thank you Joe. Your a great resource.

Comment

• Matt
                • Dec 2008

Customer found a long lost second key. Vehicle fired up with second key. Happy customer.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Matt
                  Customer found a long lost second key. Vehicle fired up with second key. Happy customer.
                  Invest in an Autel. Specifically the IM508 if you don’t want to spend much. They lowered the price significantly and now runs under $1,000 USD. It does many Ford GM Honda Etc. Worth every penny if you see enough during the year. 👍🏽

Comment

• Matt
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
                    Invest in an Autel. Specifically the IM508 if you don’t want to spend much. They lowered the price significantly and now runs under $1,000 USD. It does many Ford GM Honda Etc. Worth every penny if you see enough during the year. 👍🏽
                    Right on. I am looking for a good supplement for my Edge.

Comment

Working...