• CaptEuro
    • Jun 2014

WITSEND

Hahahahahaha

Comment

• cruisinmiles
      • Jul 2014

Where are the Mitchell techs?

I was hoping to see more of the great techs here by now, maybe a post will help! Two weeks ago a 2004 Trailblazer was in for a service and a noise was heard, water pump was bad and excessive play was noted. Towed in today and MAJOR coolant leak! Fan was rubbing on shroud from a grenaded bearing so push in was due and did not notice MIL status until repairs were done following a tip from Mitchell to use two longer bolts to keep clutch and fan together and sneak assembly out. All done and running up to temperature glad that the fan assembly although a tight fit was back in and noticed MIL was on, scan showed P0526, Cooling fan speed sensor circuit!!! I just had it out! Turns out no damaged wires, just fan stalled from shroud contact. Output control and fan data showed all OK, three hour job done in one! Miles,

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by cruisinmiles
        I was hoping to see more of the great techs here by now, maybe a post will help! Two weeks ago a 2004 Trailblazer was in for a service and a noise was heard, water pump was bad and excessive play was noted. Towed in today and MAJOR coolant leak! Fan was rubbing on shroud from a grenaded bearing so push in was due and did not notice MIL status until repairs were done following a tip from Mitchell to use two longer bolts to keep clutch and fan together and sneak assembly out. All done and running up to temperature glad that the fan assembly although a tight fit was back in and noticed MIL was on, scan showed P0526, Cooling fan speed sensor circuit!!! I just had it out! Turns out no damaged wires, just fan stalled from shroud contact. Output control and fan data showed all OK, three hour job done in one! Miles,
        Funny how they never notice the IDIOT LIGHTS on the dash-!!! LOL
        Been in this business for over 40 years and it's still the same old, same old-....LOL

"Nooooo.... the light never came on...."

...ROFLMAO.

The vehicle has a failure record that tells me it came on 17 times...-!!!

"Sh....t.... I can't even lie to you anymore-!!!"...

Had a consumer say that to me more than once.... LOL

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
          Administrator
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by cruisinmiles
          I was hoping to see more of the great techs here by now, maybe a post will help!
          I should probably post the invite to the group in SureTrack again.
          SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• Gordon2Miles
            • Nov 2014

Hey Cruisinmiles! Well I finally made too here with the help from Nick, which I found out that I had never fully registered before. I had some user name pop up as if I tried before, but never finished. Hopefully this will take off soon. I did notice that Greasybob,Capt Euro., Dr.Jake, Dr D,Tony TMC and maybe a few other have joined.

Comment

• cruisinmiles
              • Jul 2014

Yes it is taking off nice and good to see to pros here GordonMiles! Thom from Idaho is new here too! General Discussion is taking off too thanks to Dr.Jake! Welcome all new users old and first timers!

Comment

• chuckles
                • Jun 2014

Hello Everyone

Chuck C. AKA Chuckles on SureTrack, From Indiana Been Throwing Wrenches for 30 years. I have done the Dealerships, Ran my own for 15 yrs. simi retired from the manual labor and was an Instructor for a Tech School for 3 yrs. Now closed.
                UNOH The University of Northwestern Ohio, Grad. Happy to be here.

Comment

• Skip
                  Super Moderator
                  • Apr 2008

Frustrating morning on ST. I open a question to post an answer, start to type but open another tab to do research. I return to ST, finish my response and when I hit submit the post is stuck in spell check purgatory. I then copy my text, close ST and reopen it. Reopen the question, paste my response and submit. All goes well. Has happened 3 times this morning.

Comment

• Crusty
                    • Dec 2007

Skip, that is just TOO FUNNY.
                    Spell Check Purgatory-!!!
                    LMAO..

Having a bad day-?? Did you mean to post this in the other users thread-??

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                      Administrator
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Skip
                      Frustrating morning on ST. I open a question to post an answer, start to type but open another tab to do research. I return to ST, finish my response and when I hit submit the post is stuck in spell check purgatory. I then copy my text, close ST and reopen it. Reopen the question, paste my response and submit. All goes well. Has happened 3 times this morning.
                      We're working on a fix for this. Sorry for the frustration.
                      SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

Working...