Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • autotechart
    • Feb 2011

vantage Ultra

Has anyone heard any word on a new Vantage ultra? hoping for a new model lab scope similar to my Solus ultra.
    Last edited by autotechart; 11-29-2012, 08:57 PM.
  • transporter
    • Jun 2012

Any news on a new Vantage?

Comment

• Malondc
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by transporter
      Any news on a new Vantage?
      No but i think its coming soon because now you can get the modis ultra with a two channel scope

Comment

• Modis500
        • Sep 2012

Modis ultra? haven't heard of such a thing...
        "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
        Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Malondc
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Modis500
          Modis ultra? haven't heard of such a thing...
          Here is a link to a sneakpeak video of the scanner.
          i bought it and its super fast

Comment

• leemack
            • Jul 2010

How many diagnostic platforms do snapon really want to release. What is the point to a Modis ultra which has 2 less channels than the original.

I can't even by some of the optional extras here in the UK for my 12 month old Verdict but they seem ro not worry about that so just launch a new tool instead without bothering to ensure there current platforms are well supported.

Comment

• Nickb
              DSD
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by autotechart
              Has anyone heard any word on a new Vantage ultra? hoping for a new model lab scope similar to my Solus ultra.
              New Vantage Ultra is being launched this week. Really fast, 2 channel labscope. 8" screen. Touch screen or thumb navigation. I'm sure more info will be released on this site anyday now.
              DSD

Comment

• Wheel
                • Jul 2007

There's a pretty good discussion on it now over on IATN for those of you
                who are members.
                Here's my take from what I heard:

Looks like it fell 2 channels short of even my pessimistic predictions concerning it earlier on IATN:

"It'll have 4 channels, a touch screen, which will be welcome, but they will leave out a multitude of key features that are now present and useful on their older offerings and not bring them back. It's just the Snap On way when they bring out a new and "improved" tool. If I am wrong, I will be more than happy to eat a plate of crow, but it seems they CANNOT or more likely WILL NOT give you something without taking something useful away."

Unfortunately, it looks like I was right on my third prediction. I hope for Snap On's sake that they don't plan to discontinue the Vantage pro because except for the touchscreen for those who like it, the pro appears to be the better scope. I just can't understand the Snap On concept of leaving features out of newer tools that older ones had. A newer tool should always do ANYTHING the older tools do that it is replacing only more and better - or there is no sense in building it and selling it in the first place. One thing missing the PRO had was the built in amps feature. I would be interested to know if it also lacks the zoom feature and ignition features just as the Modis ultra does. If so, I look for it to go over like a turd in the punch bowl.
                You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Modis500
                  • Sep 2012

Very true on the above statements. My dealer just left, but while here he was touting the new design. I told him there's nothing new, and his reply was "touchscreen".... Who gives a rats a$$ about that.... Oh and he said "bigger screen"...another thing that wasn't a real issue on the Pro. He didn't have a price, but I'm guessing $4k.... I'll just keep my Pro
                  Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Crusty
                    • Dec 2007

Very true on the above statements. My dealer just left, but while here he was touting the new design. I told him there's nothing new, and his reply was "touchscreen".... Who gives a rats a$$ about that.... Oh and he said "bigger screen"...another thing that wasn't a real issue on the Pro. He didn't have a price, but I'm guessing $4k.... I'll just keep my Pro
                    Apparently I'm not the only one who is NOT IMPRESSED by a "touch screen".....

As for a bigger screen, dump the files into your laptop & Shop Stream Connect and bring your 72 inch television to the shop and use that for the laptop display

We need FUNCTIONALITY not glitz glamour and oooh aaaah "features" that do NOTHING for our diagnostic process.

Comment

• Wheel
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Crusty

As for a bigger screen, dump the files into your laptop & Shop Stream Connect and bring your 72 inch television to the shop and use that for the laptop display

We need FUNCTIONALITY not glitz glamour and oooh aaaah "features" that do NOTHING for our diagnostic process.
                      I prefer a touch screen for scope use, but having said that I say getting a touchscreen was not worth even one of the features given away in the Vantage ultra to get it.
                      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Modis500
                        • Sep 2012

So will the Verdict meter be able to link up with the V Ultra for wireless testing?
                        Did they bring back graphing ohms feature?
                        Are updates going to cost the same as a Solus Ultra or a regular V Pro?
                        Will this kill as much space on the memory card as a Solus Ultra does to save a screen shot?
                        I personally don't care, but these are probably questions some of your potential customers may/will have
                        Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Crusty
                          • Dec 2007

So will the Verdict meter be able to link up with the V Ultra for wireless testing?
                          Standardizing equipment components limits new sales oportunities

Did they bring back graphing ohms feature?
                          Bring back a functional feature-??

Are updates going to cost the same as a Solus Ultra or a regular V Pro?
                          You mean the system in which the customer gets to pay for errors and omissions-??

Will this kill as much space on the memory card as a Solus Ultra does to save a screen shot?
                          Are you referring to the humungous 751-KB bitmaps-??

I personally don't care, but these are probably questions some of your potential customers may/will have
                          I agree, the old technology still has the ability to FUNCTIONALLY test a vehicle system....maybe the "yung-uns" need the technology to do it for them but there is more than one way to skin a cat (just an expression-!! LOL)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist-!! LOL
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Crusty; 01-28-2014, 07:12 PM. Reason: fat finger

Comment

• Tim Smith
                            • Sep 2013

Difference

Originally posted by Malondc
                            No but i think its coming soon because now you can get the modis ultra with a two channel scope
                            The only thing that the Modis can't do is the Amperage testing. The Vantage Pro should still support this feature.

Comment

• Modis500
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Crusty

So what's retail price on this thing?
                              Zig Ziglar

Comment

Working...