Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • autojoe
    • Oct 2012

Solus edge

I was looking at a used solus edge scan tool...... Supposed to have troubleshooter plus suretrack. Do I have to pay a monthly fee for suretrack?I was looking at a solus ultra but has troubleshooter but no suretrack. Thanks in advance. Joe
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

The access to Internet based SureTrack is dependent on a recent or current update. I'm not sure if the access to SureTrack lasts just 6 months from date of an update purchase or you'll have a full year access. If you update a Solus Ultra the access to Internet based Suretrak would be from the free PC based Shop Stream Connect Program. Hopefully the built in troubleshooter and guided diagnostics don't time out.
    Having OBD 1 pre 96 coverage is a plus , but I definitely would make sure the (optional) European coverage has been unlocked and that the Edge newr style(optional) OBD1 connector kit (including the EuroTurd ones) are included, if it is to even start to compete for my money with the competition especially if you need to get a J-box to get a sore toe in the door to program sh@t on occasion.
    Last edited by Witsend; 10-10-2017, 06:03 AM.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

Suretrack works as long as you are on the current update, then one month extra.
      Scanner updates come out on April 1st and October 1st, so Suretrack access expires at the end of April and end of October, regardless of when you purchased it.

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Suretrack works as long as you are on the current update, then one month extra.
        Scanner updates come out on April 1st and October 1st, so Suretrack access expires at the end of April and end of October, regardless of when you purchased it.
        That seems kind of unfair to folk that pick up a used unit and buy an update in between the update release times and think for paying the equivalent of 10 times the cost of a $99.99 Earl Chive paint job, you could at least get 12months access to SureTrak, or at least an SSC option on your PC to access Sure Trak for 12 months from the date of an update purchase (if you still need some hand holding for some diagnostics like I do , even though a nice T@t would be work better. Lol
        After the original Verus and the Ultra platforms are no longer supported by updates and the newer Edge and Zuess lineups are left , is Snapon moving to a update system similar to @utel that you download new car software updates over a 12 month period from the server as soon as new car make software and patches become available? Is the Euro coverage going to become standard no extra cost, and the OBD1 pre 95 coverage become optional extra cost?
        Last edited by Witsend; 10-10-2017, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• crackerclicker
          • May 2008

Unless things have changed in the last few years, Suretrack is also "free" for Mitchell On-Demand/Snap On ShopKey subscribers.

Comment

Working...