Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trindaddy
    • Jan 2010

Active grill air shutter control

Hey fellas. Anyone try to use the Active Grill Air Shutter actuactor test using 16.2 or so? I'm trying to test this silly grille BS on a 2013 2.5 Malibu using Modis Ultra and all I can manage to get every time is "Requirements out of range". All codes cleared, none reset, actual and commanded for shutter are both 100%. I can't prove-out just driving! It seems conditions not right to run monitor (too cold here). Anyone know how to force operation of this shutter or why this bi-directional control won't work? S.O. tech support has no advice and I found no TSBs or bulletins. Thanks

Neil
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I don't know what it is , but would maybe ask myself At what range of under hood temperatures would the air shutter be likely commanded to work and when it would not work ?
    If the setup is not for cold air induction/ ram air under hi rpm and load and more a new gimmick for saving a few MPG from parasitic wind drag of air passing through the vehicle radiator until the radiator needs it, then I would think that shorting the ECT and IAT to make the ECM think everything is broiling hot might make the ECM command the air shutter open.
    Last edited by Witsend; 01-16-2017, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Trindaddy
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Witsend
      I don't know what it is , but would maybe ask myself At what range of under hood temperatures would the air shutter be likely commanded to work and when it would not work ?
      If the setup is not for cold air induction/ ram air under hi rpm and load and more a new gimmick for saving a few MPG from parasitic wind drag of air passing through the vehicle radiator until the radiator needs it, then I would think that shorting the ECT and IAT to make the ECM think everything is broiling hot might make the ECM command the air shutter open.
      I tried A/C on, fans cycling, stall speed and WOT on road (watching commanded and actual PIDS on 2 graph). Never moved from 100% (closed apparently). Don't know.

Comment

Working...