Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Member General Discussion Forum > General Discussions > What Do You Want In Your Snap-on Diagnostic Tools
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
SureTrack automotive technician community.
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 12-29-2015, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Skip Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Something like this?

http://productforum.autorepairdata.c...ad.php?t=11120
Old 12-29-2015, 03:18 PM

Crusty You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
That link just takes you to another thread discussing the request for several years and more recently both here and IATN.

A customer calls and asks about something, or, you're researching a vehicle scheduled in for another day and "can I do function X....???" We have NO FRIGGEN IDEA whether our equipment is up to the task or not.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:07 AM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Default Chinaman's listening in?

Over 2 and a half years ago since I suggested Snap on have a feature that you can enter a specific car and see if the scanner offers a special function before the car comes to you without hooking up the tool to communicate with the car to access the menus.
As a Craigslist bottom feeder I picked up an almost new replacement for my 4year old Hole Filler Port Freight 08 because what I grabbed also had a Jbox that now I can try to install salvage yard ECMs or whatever to cover my @zz for programming end as cheaply as possible, and what do you know, the Chinaman POS offers a way to check it before someone has a Turd towed here that may need to go to the dealer instead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170722_102536 (Small).jpg (92.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 20170722_102957 (Small).jpg (111.9 KB, 23 views)
Old 07-22-2017, 12:10 PM

Tech10 Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witsend View Post
As a Craigslist bottom feeder I picked up an almost new replacement for my 4year old Hole Filler Port Freight 08 because what I grabbed also had a Jbox that now I can try to install salvage yard ECMs or whatever to cover my @zz for programming end as cheaply as possible, and what do you know, the Chinaman POS offers a way to check it before someone has a Turd towed here that may need to go to the dealer instead.
Lets us know how this jbox works out for you, have you flashed anything with it yet? What software for flashing comes with it?
Old 07-22-2017, 01:46 PM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Lets us know how this jbox works out for you, have you flashed anything with it yet? What software for flashing comes with it?
No, just bought it from the shop owner this week. He had 2 he sold off Craigslist that were new sitting around 6 months and just got registered and updated a week ago. All his techs just use the OE tools or his new Verus Edge.
I haven't tried flashing anything yet with it and not in any particular hurry to see if it will end up turninng a BMW, Mercedes , or VW dash display into Mandarin either from J files downloaded off a Chinese server. It's hard to say why guy bought 2 scanners , just to let them to sit around, but you never know , Maybe the guy got the deal on the Verus Edge works as a consultant with Snappy and the 2 units were only there Covertly being evaluated and reverse engineered by Snappy there, but nothing on mine seems broke on it yet, other than a 2010 Mercedes Benz auto scan of the 35 modules it communicated with, upon reviewing past car history s, it only showed a list of the first 5 codes of that car it had retrieved from a long list of Farfignueggen module codes it actually did pull. It definitely has a cool factor my Port Freight 08 lacked , but time will tell if there will be a Big Fail Factor that is going to erase any Cool factor. One thing I did read is that you now need to add additional micro SD card storage to be able to handle and process huge BMW updates properly if you run any thing else that is using space:

Last edited by Witsend; 07-22-2017 at 02:32 PM..