X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rob J
    • Jan 2017

Modis eems300 sn# 357HDB-004123

Indicator l
    Green light comes on when i plug in the obd2 cord to vehicle, when i hit the power button it beeps 6 times amd n then nothing..

Guy i got it from lost chargers for it so could b dead/low battery code, i am new to snap on products and know nothing about the modis, is there a way to power it up without the chargers and with dead battery? What r the two female plugs to the top left were the battery slide in,
    Thought that maybee a spot to connect power..thanks in advance...
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Plug it into a car using the 16 pin OBD2 connector and it will power the Modis up. No battery needed.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Rob J
      Indicator l
      Green light comes on when i plug in the obd2 cord to vehicle, when i hit the power button it beeps 6 times amd n then nothing..

Guy i got it from lost chargers for it so could b dead/low battery code, i am new to snap on products and know nothing about the modis, is there a way to power it up without the chargers and with dead battery? What r the two female plugs to the top left were the battery slide in,
      Thought that maybee a spot to connect power..thanks in advance...
      Hi Rob J, how are the 6 beeps arranged ?
      Are they all 6 one after the other, Or in a different manner ?
      The reason I ask is I have a Solus Pro that does similar beeps, this has a sequence of 3 then a space for about a second then the second set of 3.
      I am hoping to sort mine so it can be repaired and used, but I have no information on the beeps sequence or anything else related to the scanner.

Comment

• TurboG8GUY
        • Jul 2017

Same here , My scan data went weird and stop functioning ..powered the unit off , turned it back on got a security error , turned it off powered it back on again or at least tried to now it just beep beep beep beepbeepbeeps ,

Called snap on they said they stop fixing this modis style in March

So much for snap-on caring about the people who spend thousands on their products and depend on them..

I know they are "post" beeps from the underlying operating system error but with no motherboard/technical support its essentially a door stop.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Maybe Old Wiley E Coyote worked for Snap On Area 51 could tell you what all them Beep Beeps means and for a few bucks give you all the declassified ACME /ATLAS booster documents and toss in a few motherboards from a pre production Verus Edge?

Comment

• TurboG8GUY
            • Jul 2017

That would be nice but I doubt we'll find that fella ...snap-off probably have anal probe in their non disclosure seeing as how they treat customers , I gotta do something asap Im down to an actron scanner and no scope , Lookin at grabbing an a***l and using the modis as a wheel chock.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

That would be nice but I doubt we'll find that fella ...snap-off probably have anal probe in their non disclosure seeing as how they treat customers , I gotta do something asap Im down to an actron scanner and no scope , Lookin at grabbing an a***l and using the modis as a wheel chock.
              You could give this a try to CF card of your broke Modis.

Looks like a***l took a Tomohawk Tomcat Apache to their user Forum lately . Hate to be downloading a J-file from China to a Mercedes Benz with the latest Flash IN THE Pan and have that happen, right?
              Attached Files

Comment

• TurboG8GUY
                • Jul 2017

Thank you kind Sir, I did try that first when I seen your other post in searching, carried it out to a T but I think the issue is more severe,

I dont think its even reading the cf card at this point The files on it weren't corrupted at all either and I didnt get a format message , though I couldnt view them in shopstream other then the cf disc label :G and modis name but they were visible In windows.

...I have a feeling its the motherboard itself although I cant see any weird heat that stands out on the flir and they seem super scarce to locate a replacement on top of that..

your possible fix would be good for those guys though but I have heard the solus pro also has board issues to a degree, com loss and brick.

I seen the other option of adding the update .exe right to the card to try and force it to install , then I realized there's no way to bypass anything to go in and click it..

If I could just buy a motherboard and have my cf re linked to the modis Id be set but sadly Im sure theres a few dusty boards laying around at snap-on they wont sell to help their customers

Comment

Working...