X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Is The internal SSD on MaxiCyst just a SD Card

Had some thing happen trying to put external storage card in a maxiCyst, trying to get 128GB micro SD card to work .I was trying to install in it but couldn't be formatted in FAT32 in Windows PC so The MaxiCyst saw SD card as damaged. It asked if I wanted to format the SD card, I selected format SD card , but I didn't see it recognized in File explorer, so I took the card back out and checked it in a windows PC and the card was now rendered unreadable. I returned it for a refund and got a 32GB micro SD card, put it in the MaxiCyst and all of a sudden the Cyst shows it has 45 updates, Why I wonder, so I check and I have an authorization error code and can see no car makes of software. I had to download all the car software over again because I must have erased it. For some reason the File Explorer calls the internal SSD in file manager "SD card" instead of internal SSD. Just a heads up if you pickup a cheap used MaxiCyst and you wish to add extra storage space and think that you are formatting a SD card you just installed in it Over all I like it, despite some glitches like not saving a 2011Subaru Forester scan results in history and lack of instruction on how to register the TPMS sensors to their new positions. (that I figured out on my own that you need to activate each wheel sensor , not enter the IDs you retrieve)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Witsend; 07-29-2017, 11:25 PM.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I might be a Button Pusher sometimes

On The Cyst I don't care for the car makes being selected by Fake multi colored Ding Dong buttons. So surgically went in and Got most of the car logos to display , but not all. Can't get the original blue Ford , blue GM emblems to display. Renault and Mahindra car logos remain as colored Ding Dong Buttons. Have to admit that DACIA logo looks like a Door Knocker though but better than a Ding Dong Button and the car logos sure look better. Shame on those Suing The Chinaman over displaying car logos. Sure hope I didn't delete my access to the past 3 years of new car coverage in the process.Hopefully never have to push on 80 percent of the makes
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Witsend; 08-01-2017, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...