• Jan 2009

Verus vs. Bosch Mastertech VCI

Any comments?
    S. Breland
  • Rich Barton
    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by sbreland73
    Any comments?

The verus is a better deal as it has a scope and is able to do more car lines.
    it also Saves codes automatically,graphing is better,has mitchell info with subcription,componet test,and it can go anywhere,internet,email,training,
    The only down fall is the laptop could be faster and a better screen color

The Mastertech is not oem for any carlines anymore but is better on toyotas and honda on the years it does have,the graphing is not that great.
    as for info it is a toss up sometimes snap-on has it and other times mt has it

The MT has better obd2 stuff,but MT does not have a scope

So there is my input.

I think you need both,I have both tools and I use the verus more.
    Rich Barton
    C.R.B. Repair

Comment

• eddiesverus
      • Dec 2008

The Bosch MasterTech VCI is a good tool, but not the perfect one, I own Both the old original MasterTech and VCI unit. I also own the Verus and find myself using both the VCI and Verus connected wirelessly to the VCI. I mainly use the scope on the Verus and Shopkey online info and well as Identafix. But when on a road test I use the SnapOn scanner for graphing and capturing data for later review. I would say both tools are good and I can't say one is better than the other, both do the same as scan tools but the MST has better OE Bidirectional controls. The Verus is more user friendly and offers more Data Pids, better graphing and more repair info. The MST VCI has no scope but the Original MST has a 2 channel scope. The MST was the OE tool for Honda and Toyota up to 04. and has the GM Tech1 OE software up to 04. it can do many OE tests on Ford, Chrysler, Honda Toyota, Nissan and GM. Read all about the Verus Pros and Cons in these forum, if you can handle all its bugs and have a backup tool and need a 4 ch Scope then the Verus is your best bet, but if you already own a scope, have a laptop then the MST VCI is a good choice. I love and use them both. The updates are expensive on both tools. 2 per year on SO through the SO truck Rep only but can skip one and 1 or 2 year subscriptions for online updates for MST, visit http://www.boschdiagnostics.com/Pages/home.aspx for more info. Also just for your info. the MST VCI is the same as the GM MDI (Tech3), the VCI can also do J2534 flash programming and is the OE flash programmer for GM. Good luck making a choice, remember that there is no Perfect scan tool, what works better for you is what you want. try and demo it before making a purchase.
      Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• Addies
        • Jun 2011

eddiesverus i have use this tool thanks for share good link!!!
        Last edited by Addies; 06-15-2011, 10:25 PM.
        bosch cordless

Comment

• Wheel
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by eddiesverus
          The Bosch MasterTech VCI is a good tool, but not the perfect one, I own Both the old original MasterTech and VCI unit. I also own the Verus and find myself using both the VCI and Verus connected wirelessly to the VCI. I mainly use the scope on the Verus and Shopkey online info and well as Identafix. But when on a road test I use the SnapOn scanner for graphing and capturing data for later review. I would say both tools are good and I can't say one is better than the other, both do the same as scan tools but the MST has better OE Bidirectional controls. The Verus is more user friendly and offers more Data Pids, better graphing and more repair info. The MST VCI has no scope but the Original MST has a 2 channel scope. The MST was the OE tool for Honda and Toyota up to 04. and has the GM Tech1 OE software up to 04. it can do many OE tests on Ford, Chrysler, Honda Toyota, Nissan and GM. Read all about the Verus Pros and Cons in these forum, if you can handle all its bugs and have a backup tool and need a 4 ch Scope then the Verus is your best bet, but if you already own a scope, have a laptop then the MST VCI is a good choice. I love and use them both. The updates are expensive on both tools. 2 per year on SO through the SO truck Rep only but can skip one and 1 or 2 year subscriptions for online updates for MST, visit http://www.boschdiagnostics.com/Pages/home.aspx for more info. Also just for your info. the MST VCI is the same as the GM MDI (Tech3), the VCI can also do J2534 flash programming and is the OE flash programmer for GM. Good luck making a choice, remember that there is no Perfect scan tool, what works better for you is what you want. try and demo it before making a purchase.
          Does the Mastertech VCI cover everything the old Mastertech did,
          and does it cover OBD1? Still lots of those around here.
          You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• SnapOnKid
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Wheel
            Yes, it has the same software and old school interface. But it does not do any thing OBD1 at this time. There is a rumor that they are going to introduce euro coverage later this year for the M-VCI...

The MTS3100 mastertech is no longer going to be supported with software updates. The cartridges are to small and running out of room. Also as the Interface technology changes this tool can no longer support newer protocols. This is why they are going to discontinue it.

Comment

• eddiesverus
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Wheel
              The New VCI does not cover OBD1 as the kid said, But same User interface as the Original Mastertech. I have both the VCI and the MT3100. I only update the VCI since its for later vehicles, the Mastertech still works great on olders years and I use it for all my OBD1 testing only. The VCI interface may change as well to the new KTS340 style UI and will support Euros when they relese it. For now its a good tool but not the best. The VCI's only problem is Wireless issues as with the new Wireless Verus so using the USB cable is the only relaible way for now. Also the Graphing and Data display is not as clean or good because its still uses the older MT3100UI but the Global OBD2 interface works great and has a clean UI. I have Reprogramed many GM's ECUs using wireless so far but once in while it will drop out so I just pull out the USB. I think that having a combination of SnapOn tools and the VCI is a better choice if you could afford it of course, but if you cant just stick to SnapOn Solus or Modis but stay away from the wireless Verus/Veridict if you can't handle its bugs. good luck guys..
              Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

Working...