X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Re-Installing The Solus Software Using A CF Card Reader

I have enclosed a photo of a Snap On Web page below in the event the link to it no longer works or the web page is taken down. It might work for some but sure it won't be the Silver Bullet fix for everyone , but worth a shot.

Attached Files
  • Tech10
    • Mar 2008

The system restore will only work if the CF card is good and the software/files on it are also good and not corrupted. This where handing the CF card to the SO rep would come in handy since he or she will rewrite all the software/files on the CF card.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

The system restore will only work if the CF card is good and the software/files on it are also good and not corrupted. This where handing the CF card to the SO rep would come in handy since he or she will rewrite all the software/files on the CF card.
      That's if you can find a good one who's not a Corporate Boot Licker and saves older software versions to help his customers out

Comment

• Tech10
        • Mar 2008

Yes, This does not make business sense for any rep to keep older software since this and other platforms are no longer supported/serviced at this point.

Comment

• Snap-on_ULTRA
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Tech10
          Yes, This does not make business sense for any rep to keep older software since this and other platforms are no longer supported/serviced at this point.
          I called Snap on and offered to buy last update for original Solus. They just told me they discontinued the software for that model. I asked if I can buy the last issued update card, they simply said NO. I don't understand that business model.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Snap-on_ULTRA
            I called Snap on and offered to buy last update for original Solus. They just told me they discontinued the software for that model. I asked if I can buy the last issued update card, they simply said NO. I don't understand that business model.
            Personally, I think their ' logic ' is that we will rush out to buy the newest version as we desperately need this and not food, clothes or somewhere to live 😱😱

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

Personally, I think their ' logic ' is that we will rush out to buy the newest version as we desperately need this and not food, clothes or somewhere to live 😱😱
              Hey , couldn't you live out of a used car and be able to read at night by a new Modis Edge DLC connector light?

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
                Hey , couldn't you live out of a used car and be able to read at night by a new Modis Edge DLC connector light?
                Erm, no.
                Did this for almost 4 months, not good.
                Full time job, boss who was/still is the biggest jerk in history and only 2 hours sleep a night.

Comment

Working...