X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

2012 Ford Edge no HVAC

Just and FYI

Working on a 2012 Ford Flex vin 2FMHK6DC8CBD00047 for a problem with the dual zone AC system blowing cold air on the passenger side and hot air on the driver side. Scanned the network with my Verus Pro 17.2 and no access to the HVAC controller with it. 18 other modules reported but HVAC or climate control is not available with the SnapOn tool. Had to use Ford IDS and it returned code B1082 for right blend door motor fault. I didn't try going up or down a year and I will when I replace the actuator.
    Last edited by phill57; 10-05-2017, 04:41 AM. Reason: Corrected vehicle model to Flex
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Not sure what happened, but I see HVAC coverage on mine. This one is at 17.2
    Attached Files
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

Hey Joe, Phill said he was using a Verus Pro.
      S. Breland

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by sbreland73
        Hey Joe, Phill said he was using a Verus Pro.
        I'm a dope. Somehow I had it in my head it was a Solus Edge.
        Coverage on all our scanners should be identical though. It's possible it was dropped off the list for that scanner, but it is more likely that is isn't present on earlier software versions.
        I don't have a 17.2 Verus Pro to check.
        Can anyone else check and report to this thread?
        If not, give tech support a call. They have every scanner at every version. It'll only take them a minute to check. 800-332-2526
        Joe
        Henry Ford

Comment

• Joe Rappa
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

I got my hands on a 17.2 Verus. Software is the same as a Verus Pro.
          HVAC is listed.

Joe
          Attached Files
          Henry Ford

Comment

• phill57
            • Oct 2007

Missing HVAC Access

Hello Joe

I'm working on a Ford Flex not an Edge as you have loaded. I don't have the vehicle here now so I can't load the screen you have there but I know the the only reference to HVAC was driver heated/cooled seat.

Comment

• phill57
              • Oct 2007

Missing HVAC Access

Just got off the phone with George at Snap-On Tech Support and he confirmed that the HVAC access is actually missing on the 2012 Ford Flex. When he loaded the 2013 model year it is available though and it may work. When I get this vehicle back to replace the actuator I will check to see if that works and post a followup to this thread.

On another note I asked George how he was able to view the list of supported modules on his scanner without being connected to a vehicle and he said "we have the ability to run in a demonstration mode". I have said before the we should be able to do that in the service bay. As an example be able to load a suspect vehicle in demonstration mode to see what modules are supported and what test capabilities are supported on said vehicle. Before the customer drives to the shop to see if we can do a specific function. Last week I had a customer who put P series tires on his F150 and now the TPMS message is indicating low tire pressures due to the 44psi limit on the P series tires versus the LT original tires at 55/60psi. I said I should be able to change that and had the customer drive 30 miles only to find out I couldn't anyways. The OTC tools can run in a demo mode.

Turns out you can't reduce the set minimum pressures on that Ford anyways though.

Phil

Comment

• phill57
                • Oct 2007

Ford Edge/Flex

I'm the one to blame here. I see I typed in Edge myself in the original post when its actually a Flex. Getting too old for this I guess. 8-(

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                  Snap-on DSD
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by phill57
                  I'm the one to blame here. I see I typed in Edge myself in the original post when its actually a Flex. Getting too old for this I guess. 8-(
                  I'm glad it was you that goofed that up! Looking like a dope twice in one thread would be too much for me.

Joe
                  Henry Ford

Comment

• phill57
                    • Oct 2007

Missing HVAC on 2012 Ford Flex

Changed the right blend door actuator yesterday and was able to scan the HVAC using 2013 model year.

Comment

Working...