Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ralleman
    • Sep 2016

Looking for a Modis battery

Hey there guys , looking for a Modis battery (preferably one not holding a charge) so I can have it rebuild.
    Lemme know what ya got

Thanks Rik
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Holy Scrap Batman, gotcha by the Bat Balz

Someone is selling a Garbage Solus Pro Battery that doesn't take a charge on E-Bay for a Whopping $70, sounds pretty Mogus to me, your Bodis one different?

Comment

• ralleman
      • Sep 2016

I have to check to see if they are the same, but $70 for a kaput battery isn't something I want to pay for , thanks anyway
      Rik

Comment

• Tech10
        • Mar 2008

The batteries can be rebuilt for like $40-$50 each. Price includes shipping.

Comment

• ralleman
          • Sep 2016

I know but I don't have a core battery to rebuild.
          Bought a used modis and it was used without battery but that is kinda inconvenient.

Comment

• chaskuss
            • Dec 2009

Primecell is out of business

Originally posted by Tech10
            The batteries can be rebuilt for like $40-$50 each. Price includes shipping.

http://www.primecell.com/webpages/Ot...s/Testinst.htm
            Last week I tried to get a quote from Primecell to rebuild my Modis battery. Below is an excerpt of the email I received back from them.

VERY SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE - WE MUST ADVISE:
            DUE TO HEALTH CONSIDERATIONS - WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANY BATTERIES FOR REBUILD SERVICE.
            IF YOU SENT IT ----- IT HAS BEEN RETURNED TO SENDER.
            IF WE HAD ACCEPTED YOUR PACKAGE IT MAY HAVE BEEN LOST DUE TO A LONG DELAY IN SERVICE, OR NEVER PROCESSED. NO CHARGES HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED OR APPLIED TO YOUR ACCOUNTS. PLEASE PROCEED WITH ANOTHER COMPANY.
            GOOGLE WILL REVEAL OTHERS WHO CAN PROVIDE SIMILAR SERVICE TO SOME OF OUR LISTINGS.

YOUR DISAPPOINTMENT PALES BY COMPARISON TO OUR OWN - WE ARE IN PROCESS OF CLOSING OUR BUSINESS AND WEBSITE AFTER 30 YEARS IN BUSINESS. IT IS A DIFFICULT, FRUITLESS AND EXPENSIVE TASK.

That leaves MTO as the only company I know of who can rebuild our battery packs. See

Solus battery rebuild on web link below

Charlie
            Last edited by chaskuss; 06-13-2017, 10:52 AM. Reason: wrong web link

Comment

• Tech10
              • Mar 2008

That sucks!

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Can't you just get by with a 12V Lith Ion Jumper and modify it to properly serve as an external power source to the AC adapter charging port or directly to the battery contact points internally? Some are low profile enough to just velcro it on to the back.

Comment

• Boydster
                  • Nov 2017

modis battery life

Even after having my battery rebuilt i found battery life short when using the scope. i purchased a 12v 9800mah rechargable battery pack from ebay , $30.00 and added the right barrel jack to it that fit my modis. it was small enough to velcro to the back of my modis and what a difference. i still keep my modis battery in my modis when using it.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
                    Someone is selling a Garbage Solus Pro Battery that doesn't take a charge on E-Bay for a Whopping $70, sounds pretty Mogus to me, your Bodis one different?
                    Hi, the Modis and Solus Pro batteries are totally different.

The Modis has a square box battery, and the Solus pro is a long rectangle shape.

Hope this helps

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

Even after having my battery rebuilt i found battery life short when using the scope. i purchased a 12v 9800mah rechargable battery pack from ebay , $30.00 and added the right barrel jack to it that fit my modis. it was small enough to velcro to the back of my modis and what a difference. i still keep my modis battery in my modis when using it.
                      Awesome Good for you, I had a smaller one attached to back of my old Port Freight 08 I used to turn on the auxiliary battery power to have it booted up before I plugged it in to DLC or sometimes turn on the battery power to keep it on so I could walk within range of my WIFI and print the codes displayed. After I got a decent Smart Phone with a memory card I just took pictures of the scanner screen and sent via message to customers and saved my paper and ink and shut off the WIFI connection of the scan tool after updates expired to prevent it from auto connecting to a China Server and something being screwed up. I would advise owners of newer Snap On Scanners with WIFI ,if you're update periods are over and you don't need to update for awhile or need Sure Trak to hold your hand , or find oil capacity specs to just turn your tablet's WIFI off to rule out any chance that something might partially auto load and then screw you over big time where you'll have to buy an update to fix things like some folk with Chinaman tools claimed to happened to them. There are better things to surf the internet with, so turn the WIFI off!

Tips, tricks, questions and suggestions... If you want to talk codes, data, functional tests and troubleshooter, this is the place!

Comment

• Maui
                        • Feb 2018

aloha,

Anyone know where Modis replacement battery cells can be purchased?

When I took the battery pack apart I found that there were 7 cells inside. I've looked quite a bit, but I haven't found any battery cells that even come close.

Any thoughts?

aloha.

Comment

• Cesar82
                          • Mar 2018

I'm having my modis battery rebuilt by Batteries Plus Bulbs. Maybe that's something they'd be able to sell to you.

Comment

• chaskuss
                            • Dec 2009

Help us help you

Originally posted by Maui
                            aloha,
                            When I took the battery pack apart I found that there were 7 cells inside. I've looked quite a bit, but I haven't found any battery cells that even come close.
                            Any thoughts?
                            aloha.
                            Could you post a photo of one of the cells, with something in the photo so we can determine the size [like a ruler or tape measure]? Are the cells somewhat smaller than a typical C cell? If so, that IS a standard size cell.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Maui
                              aloha,

Any thoughts?

aloha.

All individual cells are 1.2 Volts, UNLESS Lithium Ion, these are 3 volts.

Look on eBay for cells of the voltage needed, and find tagged ( easier to solder together ) in a current ( Amp/Hr ) rating suitable for your need.

That's all I do, waiting for some 6 Amp/Hr cells now for a Solus Pro battery rebuild

Comment

Working...