X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Newer AC Compressor

Got a 2012 Hyundai Sonata with Automatic AC that cools intermittently. There were no codes in the HVAC or Engine Control. Thought the AC compressor was frozen because I was not able to rotate the hub, but the front of it is not actually the AC clutch as far as I can see. Using scan tool in HVAC I see cabin related component percent of blend doors etc, but not AC pressure transducer readings, compressor commands etc that I think probably be found in engine control pids. Not sure how this type of compressor works, but both the power and ground come out of a control module. I Definitely have to get up to speed with the newer Crazy set ups or I'm going to end up with a Mrsdiagnosis
    Attached Files
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

I find Mrs. Diagnosis attractive. She must find me attractive too, because we are always together.

Comment

• BMW JEDI
      • Feb 2012

LOL, you guys must be having fun with this one.... These compressors have been in use for nearly two decades now...

Comment

• Glide
        • Jan 2015

Here is some info.I'm seeing a lot of these fail recently.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Hey,thanks for the useful information I didn't have the jumper harness, so had to pull the lower splash shield to access the 2 pin connector of the AC compressor . If I had to venture a guess what is happening , is that the connector terminals pins are of such a small pin size that after 5 years of the elements, heat, and vibration, the compressor electrical connection for load becomes marginal. The compressor Ohmed out within specs ,and once the harness connector is re-seated the contact is established compressor works fine again for awhile. I can't see backprobing connectors with such small terminals with a needles or T-pins to take save scope shots not making already marginal cheap connections even worse.
          Last edited by Witsend; 06-30-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...