Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

Stationary Desoot

2009 Dodge 2500HD 6.7L. Customer came in with DPF codes. I wanted to run stationary desoot but verus edge keeps telling me conditions have not been met. There are no current DTCs in the PCM, engine coolant temp is registering 190 F on live data, and parking break is applied. I have forced re-gens on duramaxs before without problems. I just don't know what i'm missing on this dodge. Any ideas would be a big help. Thanks.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Who knows,Is the AC turned off? Is the DEF fluid level ok (if it uses that stuff)? Is the Oil life below a certain level? MAP and EBP values fairly close during KOEO? Any pending codes in generic OBD2 mode?

Comment

• Matt
      • Dec 2008

Thanks for the quick response Wit. Everything checks out ok. I tried a desoot on a 2011 RAM 6 months ago and ran into this same thing. Forced a regen on a duramax last summer and it worked out great. I am just wondering if there is an issue with my verus and/or software.

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

What were the exact codes that you had ? Is there a requirement for a minimum fuel level to start a regen ? Was there a code P1451 ?
        Last edited by greasybob; 06-29-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Matt
          • Dec 2008

Code scan results were
          P242F- Diesel Particulate Filter Restriction- Ash Accumulation
          P1451- Diesel Particulate Filter System Performance- Stored
          Fuel level was at 50%. I ended up sending customer on their way due to time constraints.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

What was the DPF pressure sensor voltage or hertz reading at KOEO and what should the expected range be at KOEO If it works anything like the DPFE sensors for EGR control on Fords it's a good possibility it is no good. If not in an expected range , it probably won't do a re-gen.

Comment

• landroverman1958
              • Feb 2010

DE-SOOT

Hi ya all,usually when a vehicle in the uk wont,re gen its down to a specific problem:
              1.pressure sensor incorrect signal or reading.
              2.temperature sensors giving wrong reading,better to check on highest ohms scale,dont usually show on low scales,
              3.oil quality.
              4.blown injector fuse,for def fluid,
              5.pump for fluid not working.
              6.blocked injector nozzles for def fluid,
              7.wiring damaged,
              8.power and ground issues for system.
              hope this of some use.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                Snap-on DSD
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Matt
                Code scan results were
                P242F- Diesel Particulate Filter Restriction- Ash Accumulation
                P1451- Diesel Particulate Filter System Performance- Stored
                Fuel level was at 50%. I ended up sending customer on their way due to time constraints.
                I bet you can't do a regen because of the P242F. You can regen soot, but not ash. It's time to clean or replace the DPF. After you do a DPF Reset, you will be able to command a regen.

Joe
                "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                Henry Ford

Comment

• Glide
                  • Jan 2015

The first thing to do is call your local Chrysler dealer with the serial number and see if Emissions Recall J35 Reprogram ECM Regeneration Strategy has been completed on this vehicle.

Comment

• diesel71
                    • Feb 2008

I have to agree with glide, you need to make sure the ecm has the latest update to be able to perform the stationary desoot. joe is right to sounds like its time for a new dpf.

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

I have to agree with glide, you need to make sure the ecm has the latest update to be able to perform the stationary desoot. joe is right to sounds like its time for a new dpf.
                      Sounds expensive , Can't you Mexican Muffler Chop it off and then let it soak in a bucket full of several gallons of carb cleaner and then Scottie K it in laundry detergent awhile and get most of that stuff out?

Comment

Working...