Verus Pro Windows XP update problem. Please help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sigma.40
    • Feb 2017

Verus Pro Windows XP update problem. Please help!

A couple days ago I traded my Modis in on a Verus Pro D10 17.2. I turned it on today to play around with it. A few minutes later it turned itself off saying it had 48 Windows updates to install. The first 20 of the 48 updates installed quickly but it's been stuck on number 21 for 8 hours. It says not to turn it off but I don't know if it's frozen or not. Is this normal? What should I do? I don't want to risk damaging my new scanner. Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Sigma.40
    • Feb 2017

I ended up, with much fear, shutting it down and restarting it. Seems to have fixed the problem. When it restarted, I got a message that Snap On service update 17.2.1 was ready to download and install. Any ideas what that changed/fixed?

On a complete side note, I absolutely love this Verus Pro. I traded in my Modis Ultra 15.4 and got this Verus Pro 17.2 AND the Diagnostic Thermal Image for $2000 due to some rebate my Snap On rep found..

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

Don't know what happened, but glad it worked out. I don't think you had any choice but to shut it down and re-start it, so it's good that it was able to boot without any problems.
      I'd probably try checking for Windows Updates to see if it still looking for some.

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• GAC KAWANA
        • Nov 2017

windows update

We had the same happen to ours and our rep called up and he was advised that we should turn off windows updates. Just leave windows as is they are saying.

Comment

Working...