Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

2015 Escape BCM

I'm posting this because of a couple of things I ran into with these BCMs that I haven't with any other Ford BCMs. The first is these are sent from the factory in sleep mode. You can plug it in turn the or press the button and nothing. No scanner communication, no functions so until you wake it up, no programming. The ones I had were push button start vehicles. To deactivate sleep mode, put a key FOB in the slot on the right of the steering column and pre the brake 5 times then press the hazard button twice. The second difference is that there are two parameter reset functions for the PATs system. The first is for the BCM and PCM. The second is for the BCM and the RFA module. If you have the push button start you must do the BCM RFA module reset. I did both resets doing the BCM RFA reset last. If you've installed Ford BCMs before, the rest of the procedure is bit different too but just follow the onscreen directions and it should work out for you.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Bob, Are most of those newer car BCMs, PCMs , and SRS module replacements that you perform at your shop mainly because of Collision related repairs sent to you from the body shop side of your building?

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

Yes, and some other area shops.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

That's awesome. Hope that paint booth and the ventilation is working again after that fire mishap there awhile ago. Nobody should have to breath paint fumes everyday, besides the body filler fumes and particulates that goes with the territory.

Comment

Working...