Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glen
    • Nov 2007

Troubleshooter link

I have 12.2 and when i pull up my codes screen you are supposed to be able click on the code and it should bring you to troubleshooter and not shopkey. This is according to the 12.2 online seminar. anyways my verus still brings me to shopkey, anyone else have this prob. Also when i take a scanner screenshot from the file menu it does not automatically save it to the vehicle record i have to manually get it out of saved recoreds and add. maybe thats how its supposed to be but i thought it was auto-magic. Thought of an idea too on the manual vin entry mode they should have a bluetooth scanner that could zap barcodes like my state inspection machine
  • Skip
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2008

Could you post a link to exactly where you saw that? I write the Troubleshooter and didn't know about this.

Comment

• glen
      • Nov 2007

It will not let me link the flashdrive slide for some reason. anyway just go to diagnostics webpage forums and training, trianing solutions 12.2 overview seminar and it is slide 160 of 172. I just double checked it definitly says it should link you to t.s. when you click on the code. The other thing about the screenshot is not on there i just read in a diferent post that it was automatic , thanks let me know

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

I'm not sure about screen shots, if you're refering to the post I made, I was saving all recorded data, (movie).

Comment

• glen
          • Nov 2007

I havnt tried the movie yet, ill do it on monday though. but see if your verus saves the screenshot, let me know thanks

Comment

• Wheel
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Skip
            Could you post a link to exactly where you saw that? I write the Troubleshooter and didn't know about this.
            the online seminar glen was talking about sure gave me the same impression. If it is not factual, someone should look into pulling it.
            You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

I just saved a screen shot instead of all collected data and as near as I can figure out it does not save the file (jpeg) to the vehicle history page. When it does save all collected data to the vehicle history page it really isn't saving the data there, it's just a link to the shop stream file. Delete it from shop stream and it disappears from the history page as well.
              Last edited by greasybob; 05-12-2012, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• glen
                • Nov 2007

Ya it looks to be that way greasybob, thanks for the input. Another mystery is solved. So snap on whats the deal with the t.s. link, it would be a nice option if it worked. Was it put in the training by mistake or am i going to need a patch?

Comment

• Skip
                  Super Moderator
                  • Apr 2008

I'll pass this up the line.

Comment

• Sparkey
                    • Nov 2008

yeah... that patch will be ready by this October and it will be called 12.4 and it will cost ya $1,200....

Comment

• timstech
                      • Dec 2010

I also called tech line on this,they were clueless,told me "never heard of Jim Moritz who was he"

Comment

• Jay G.
                        Administrator
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by glen
                        Ya it looks to be that way greasybob, thanks for the input. Another mystery is solved. So snap on whats the deal with the t.s. link, it would be a nice option if it worked. Was it put in the training by mistake or am i going to need a patch?
                        It was put in the training materials by mistake and no it will not be in 12.4.

Jay

Comment

• Wheel
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Jay G.
                          It was put in the training materials by mistake and no it will not be in 12.4.

Jay
                          Accomplishing this would be quite a task, but it would sure be handy.

I always thought how handy it would be to be able to click on an unfamiliar pid in your live datastream and have a small troubleshooter window pop
                          up right there and explain it to you much like a combination of Fast Track Data Scan and the pid description in the manuals. That too would be a lot of work, but as far as I know, no one has anything like it.
                          You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• glen
                            • Nov 2007

Thank you for the honest answer jay g. thats a bummer they arent gonna do that, its a good idea

Comment

• Skip
                              Super Moderator
                              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by timstech
                              I also called tech line on this,they were clueless,told me "never heard of Jim Moritz who was he"
                              Well, who is he?

Comment

Working...