Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • longhungsilver
    • Oct 2013

2008 grand caravan ABS Initialize

Had a 2008 grand caravan. Needed a new ABS Module. Replaced the module, need to "Initialize" new module as per Mitchell. Grabbed my Verus pro, was amazed to see it had the initialize procedure in it. Went through what it told me to do, it hung up and never completed the initialization... Restarted verus multiple times, fails and won't even get to the step where it tells me to drive the vehicle. Grab my Launch scanner. Initialization procedure works like a charm, It doesn't tell me to drive the vehicle a certain way like the Verus did. Doesn't seem to matter works fine now. Be aware there is a lot of people on identifix that can't get this Initialization to work on the Verus

VIN:2D8HN44H88R122457
    Last edited by longhungsilver; 04-01-2014, 04:44 PM. Reason: added VIN
  • chopperb
    • Aug 2013

What version software are you on? I have a verdict with 13.4 and I dont have a problem with the abs on a 2009 grand carvan. Just replaced a clockspring in one last week.

Comment

• longhungsilver
      • Oct 2013

Sorry should have said 13.4

Did it ask you to drive between 3 and 15 mph while turning 90 degrees? Curious if it is the same on a 2009.

What blows me away is the Chinese launch didn't require that driving and wheel turning bit

Comment

• chopperb
        • Aug 2013

Yes it did ask to drive between 3 and 15 mph while turning 90 degrees. And turn the wheel to full right lock,Left lock,right lock then straight.

Comment

• longhungsilver
          • Oct 2013

Yah I couldn't get that to complete. Then when I restarted the versus to try again I couldn't even get that far into the process before it would have an error. I'm assuming the whole wheel turning and driving thing is a manual mode of sorts....apparently unnecessary with the launch and I assume the factory scanner as well then

Comment

Working...