Access to all modules in a 2016 Jeep Renegade?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phoneman85
    • Feb 2019

Access to all modules in a 2016 Jeep Renegade?

I was wondering if the current software (18.4) offers access to all the modules in a '16 Renegade. I've read the coverage guides for 18.4 and the new 19.2, and my Ethos Tech can access about 20 modules(all the ones in the guide). Are there any that Snap On tools can't access?

I'm trying to find a diagram of everything on the CAN bus, and having no luck with that either.

This car is interesting, it's the only FCA Jeep made in Italy, and is closer to a Fiat 500x apparently.
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Module coverage is identical across the entire Snap-on Scanner line. You don't need to get a more expensive scanner to access more modules.
    If you need a scanner that accesses every single module, you won't be looking at aftermarket ones. OEM tooling would be required for that.
    Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• phoneman85
      • Feb 2019

Thanks Joe. I knew it was the same across the SO line, just wondering if SO can access all of the modules in my car.

I know a lot of cars have things only the dealer tools can access, but there are some I've heard about where an aftermarket tool can do 99% of.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

On the newer 2018 and up Chrysler Fiat vehicles with Secure Gateway Modules is Snap On going to announce that the Autel 8 and 12 SGM bypass connector could temporarily be used to access the other vehicle's modules, but be doing at your own risk, that your scanner could contract some sort of Asian Flu , brick some modules , and void New Car Warranties, and want you to wait till Fiat tells them the Vatican has given his blessing to licensing a security module bypass license code access to add to your LSID

Comment

• phoneman85
          • Feb 2019

I'm curious as well what's being done with the SGW on the newer FCA vehicles. I've noticed there is obviously no support for '18+ in the new 19.2 release specs. There are also bypass modules that are more of a permanent solution, it replaces the SGW and allows you to use any scan tool as normal.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

I'm curious as well what's being done with the SGW on the newer FCA vehicles. I've noticed there is obviously no support for '18+ in the new 19.2 release specs. There are also bypass modules that are more of a permanent solution, it replaces the SGW and allows you to use any scan tool as normal.
            Would not doubt that FCA knows very well that sooner or later everyone and their dog will be bypassing the SGWs so when the electronics start naturally going to H@ll on them cars they'll be able to cleverly skirt liabilility saying there was Chinaman Collusion Conspiracy to bypass and hack into their electronics and created the failures.

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

Did George Orwell's 1984 say anything about how your automobile (or your scan tool for that matter) would become a data gathering device and report all your activities to the Gov't or Elon Musk.
              Last edited by greasybob; 03-30-2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Did George Orwell's 1984 say anything about how your automobile (or your scan tool for that matter) would become a data gathering device and report all your activities to the Gov't or Elon Musk.
                That's why on Windows 10 PCs you are advised to tape a cork over the Microphone and a piece of microfilm with a pair of testes over your laptop camera and type in a bunch of terrorist keywords in every now and then.
                Last edited by Witsend; 03-31-2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...