Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmtrans
    • Aug 2011

what do i need to reflash

what do i need besides the pass thru pro & subscriptions ie wireless router or hard wired connection. computer etc. i have windows 7 laptop. and i am just strarting at doing reflash's. thanks
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

windows seven works fine for the passthru. A internet connection of some sort and buying the subscriptions. when you purchase gm sub you can download tech2win and gds2 and use them with the passthru. Drewtech has the driver to make it work, the lease on the two software downloads only lasts 30 days though. If you have a buddy at a gm dealer that will give a globalconnect login then you can flash and have the software for free as well as service info. Some of the various manufacturers software don't seem to play nice with each other though. I've had to uninstall Honda to get the gm trucks to flash again for some reason etc.

Comment

• maven
      • Mar 2014

GM wont offer technical assistance on programming issues if you dont have W7Pro, just something to keep in mind.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Good info to know , and I was curious why , so googled it. Here is an article about differences between Home and Pro versions. I would just shut down any unneeded applications you have open on your PC before attempting to download and reprogram anything, to reduce the chance of the process going wrong even if I had Pro or Home Version.

Comment

• gmtrans
          • Aug 2011

thanks guys i keep hearing must use wired internet connection have battery charger hooked up etc etc. i do have win 7 pro on the lap top i plan on using

Comment

• badcoupe
            • Jan 2011

I use the wifi at the shop and when I'm mobile doing them for other shops i use the hotspot on my Iphone with no issues.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

I think the flashing goes off best if you're wired from your cuffs to to the bottom corners of the rain coat.

Comment

• maven
                • Mar 2014

I highly recommend running wired from the J2534 to the PC at minimum. Running wireless from the PC to the internet rarely gives me any issues. But running wireless from the J2534 to the PC can be hit or miss. ESPECIALLY on GMLAN vehicles and Saturn's.

Comment

• sbreland73
                  • Jan 2009

I hope the shift buttons work on his laptop.
                  S. Breland

Comment

• gmtrans
                    • Aug 2011

Thanks guy's for the help. I think I have everything now I need to reflash ecm's.

Comment

Working...