X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffytune
    • Apr 2012

Just wanted to stop in and say hi....

Hi all.

Since we do not seem to have a introduction forum I thought I would just post it here.
    I have been a drive tech now for 30 some years, I started out using the old "Red brick" MT-2500, and owned one for years. (My shop still has one) I was one of the lucky guys that got Snap ons first try at a integrated unit call the 4 in 1 that was not made by Balco but Sun, it was a horrid failure. (One of the Balco engineers told me on the phone he had one on his desk as a coffee warmer.....they would run a bit hot). But to Snap ons credit, they had a buy back program and that is how I got my Modis. I had that Modis and was one of the first users, over the years I had it rebuilt and (Hardware) updated twice. It was a very good tool, but the more I had it updated, the slower it would run and I could see the writing was on the wall, the platform was becoming overrun with how fast the cars are and how many it needs to deal with.
    In short, it is too slow for the newer cars.

I have been reading and watching how the new Verus was fairing, still remembering how that 4 in 1 failed, I was going to wait until they got the bugs all sorted out (Well, for the most part, there is always going to be issues) and now with the new wireless model, and a good tax return, I took the plunge.

Now, I will be doing far more reading then posting for a while......don't wanna step in it as it were.
    I have taken the time to review all the training and sales video's Snap on has made here. I would only say that, the program has been changed and you should add that to use your unit with the training vids, you need to have the wireless part plugged in to get the demo to run.......If you have the wireless unit.
    Been nice If I knew that before I brought only my main unit home to do the vids.

Oh well, I think I got it. I had no trouble using it right out of the box today. ( I only got it today) But the 12.2 vid I watched before I got it showed me how the new format worked, still, the training helped out quite I bit.

Hope to be getting to know you'all.
    JT.
  • Bob's Garage
    • Nov 2007

Welcome to the Forums.

Welcome JeffyTune!

I will say that there is a lot of really knowledgable people here and this is the place to state your concerns or questions on Verus Wireless.

Since many of us have had one or two 'Verii' for a long time we can help.

Reversely, if you have a tip, please post it.

Thanks, Bob

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

Welcome to the Forum

Good to have you here!

Comment

• SnapOnKid
        • Jan 2011

Welcome to the forum!!! There are a lot of great guys on here whom are all willing to help. Feel free to ask Questions, We were all the new guy's once our self's.

As mentioned If you have a tip to add please post up.

Also feel free to post up if you find something that needs attention.

Comment

Working...