Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • USpMD
    • Oct 2010

Chrysler sliding door functional testing

Has anyone used the Chrysler sliding door functional test, I just used it the other day on a 2005 Town & Country, It did have a fault on the left side, wouldn’t open, closes ok. Right side was ok, question is when operating test, get no result on left side, when testing right side tool states conditions not correct for running test, I used my Verus-1 with 11.4 on Friday afternoon, I just happened to have a DRB III with me that day so I also tried using this tool as well, with the DRB on the left door it unlatched the door but wouldn’t open it, it timed out due to door fault, I then tried it on the right side, with the DRB on the right door it opened the door and closed the door like normal operation, I then retried with the Verus-1 with 11.4 with same result as first time, unable to test left side( nothing happens) and on right door tool states conditions not correct for test. Friday night I had my Verus-1 updated to 12.2 by my Dealer, then came home and hooked it to the internet to check for updates and downloaded the critical updates, this Verus-1 is running 2.3.0.2631 bundle 12.2, I then returned Saturday to try this Chrysler door operation again, and got the same no result on left side and conditions not correct on the right side, DRB III works fine on right, and unlatches but won’t open on left. Am I using the Verus correctly? Or is it not working correctly? This being the first time I have used this function on a Chrysler, I am not concerned about the vehicle, we found a bad wire in the harness to the left door, I am however wondering if the tool or I need fixing to do a proper test, Vin# 2C8GP64L65R267401
    "I wanna help the helpless, but I could careless about the clueless". Dennis Miller
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

I have never used it for repairing a vehicle, but have tried it on a few cars that didn't have problems, just to fool around with it. It worked as expected, but after messing with the Functional Tests, the processor needed to be reset before it would work in its own again. I just disconnected the battery and all was well again.
    This sounds like a bug related to this vehicle. Thanks for posting it.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• USpMD
      • Oct 2010

If it was a bug related to this vehicle then why would it work fine with the DRB III? The DRB was able to operate and test both sides, the left side would unlatch and the motor would cycle untill it timed out and the right side would work and pass the test, however it would do nothing with the verus!!
      "I wanna help the helpless, but I could careless about the clueless". Dennis Miller

Comment

• sbreland73
        • Jan 2009

The Atlas software broke again.
        S. Breland

Comment

• Manic Mechanic
          • Aug 2008

Looks as if they never fix the bugs with the software , Having the same concern here with a sliding door , Like a hooker , Take your money and leave you with bugs .....
          Manic Mechanic

Comment

• Joe Rappa
            Snap-on DSD
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by USpMD
            If it was a bug related to this vehicle then why would it work fine with the DRB III? The DRB was able to operate and test both sides, the left side would unlatch and the motor would cycle untill it timed out and the right side would work and pass the test, however it would do nothing with the verus!!
            I meant a software bug on the Verus, related to this vehicle....as opposed to all vehicles with a sliding door. When I have used the test, it worked as designed, but I can't remember which ones I have tried it one. Obviously there is a problem working on this particular vehicle though.
            "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
            Henry Ford

Comment

• USpMD
              • Oct 2010

Ok, so we know its a fault with the tool software, I would like to see this feature fixed, would be a very helpful functional test, I see you responded to my Honda OCS reset request, Thank you in advance, I havent got the chance to use it as yet, but thanks for putting it in the tool, I also wound again request to see Chrysler pinion factor correction added to Verus, this is also a fuction of DRB III tool that is very helful to us in keeping repairs in our shops and not requiring us to send our clients to the Dealer, Hope Snap-on will look into this

Comment

• sandt38
                • May 2012

Originally posted by USpMD
                I also wound again request to see Chrysler pinion factor correction added to Verus
                Seriously? Pinion factor is not on Verus? It is on the Solus fer cryin' out loud. I can't imagine it is on a cheap 10 year old machine but not the latest/greatest $10,000 machine

Comment

• phill57
                  • Oct 2007

Chrysler pinion factor

I believe that is is as I have performed it after changing tires on a Ram and a Dakota. I think its in the ABS functional tests.

Comment

• sandt38
                    • May 2012

ABS? Odd place for it. I know I have half a dozen Chryslers in the shop right now, I am going to have to check.

Comment

Working...