Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Heybrock
    • Jan 2011

Snap-on training in your area.

Just wanted to thank Snap-on, my local dealer, area tech support & Jim Moritz for putting on a really great local training seminar/class this past week in Greensboro, NC. I learned a ton of good stuff, especially on CAN diagnostics.

Quite frankly I was a little concerned about Jim being the presenter based on watching the three levels of Verus on-line training modules (yawn). I mentioned this to Jim afterwards and he agreed they are not the most energetic presentations (Jim claims he originally suggested a cold brew in accompaniment with their viewing, I agree, but that had to be edited out for "PC" reasons.)

Jim is extremely knowlegeable and has his "hands on" vehicles just about every weekend it seems. The evening flew by and other attendees I talked to during the break could not believe 2 hours had passed already. Aside from a few bad jokes it was one of the best classes I've been to. I will more enthusiastically check out Jim's other on-line presentations and most definitely attend any future training classes he puts on, even if it means driving some distance.
  • sandt38
    • May 2012

Originally posted by Bob Heybrock
    Just wanted to thank Snap-on, my local dealer, area tech support & Jim Moritz for putting on a really great local training seminar/class this past week in Greensboro, NC. I learned a ton of good stuff, especially on CAN diagnostics.

Quite frankly I was a little concerned about Jim being the presenter based on watching the three levels of Verus on-line training modules (yawn). I mentioned this to Jim afterwards and he agreed they are not the most energetic presentations (Jim claims he originally suggested a cold brew in accompaniment with their viewing, I agree, but that had to be edited out for "PC" reasons.)

Jim is extremely knowlegeable and has his "hands on" vehicles just about every weekend it seems. The evening flew by and other attendees I talked to during the break could not believe 2 hours had passed already. Aside from a few bad jokes it was one of the best classes I've been to. I will more enthusiastically check out Jim's other on-line presentations and most definitely attend any future training classes he puts on, even if it means driving some distance.
    I missed this, unfortunately. My son was graduating on the same day so I was unable to attend.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
      • Jan 2011

Lucky for you!! We are not so fortunate in my area. I have asked several times with no luck. I was even willing to drive to another county and pitch in so they could provide food. It never materialized.

Comment

• tecnick
        • May 2012

That's awesome to hear, he is coming to Concord CA next week. I can't wait.

Comment

• eddie8
          • Mar 2008

I have done training for my snap on dealer "s" on many occasions. The dealers will sell the shop or tech a scan tool or other piece of equipment and i go to there shop and show them how to use there new equipment in there shop on a real vehicle. Then i take that same vehicle and I put a bug in it and then we use there new tool to fix the bugged car. Its a win,win situation.
          Edwin Hazzard
          Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

• eddiesverus
            • Dec 2008

Yes Jim is a very good instructor he had also came by my area at Selma in central CA about 2 years ago. We Miss him and hope he could come over again, I've been talking to my Snap On Rep to get him to come again, by the way the food was very good as well. By Attending these seminars I learned a lot for many other makes besides GM and CAN was a big topic. So there's always something new to learn. If you know of him coming to your area, don't hesitate and attend his seminars, you won't be disappointed.
            Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• tecnick
              • May 2012

Eddiesverus- Very true! The food was pretty darn good and plenty of it for the amount of people there. It was a very well put together presintation with a great handout to take notes and follow along. He is a very good public speeker and easy to listen along to.

He does go very indepth of CAN diagnosis which was very nice. Learned alot of good helpful advise to speed through a accurate diagnostic.

Comment

Working...