X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • protraxrptr17
    • Aug 2010

Yaw rate sensor recalibration procedure

2010 Chevy 2500HD

I have this option in functional tests but doesnt give any instructions on how to do it. Screen looks just like any other functional test. Has a box that says "reset" that you can check but cant uncheck. I'm getting a C0710 when the steering wheel is turned over a certain amount. I have replaced the yaw rate sensor, steering position sensor, and ebcm. Called tech support and they said to look in shopkey for procedure. Couldnt find anything.
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Zeb

You should just have to check reset and press Y if my memory is correct, Did you try resetting the steering angle sensor? For your code the sensor or resetting it is the most common problem that I have found.

Steve

Also just so you know in GM Service Information the only procedure they give for Yaw reset is "Using Special Functions in the scan tool reset the yaw rate sensor" I know that doesn't help you but just showing that neither does GM

Comment

• protraxrptr17
      • Aug 2010

Didnt see an option for steering angle sensor reset. I also didnt see a yes box for the yaw sensor reset. I will look again. I'm gonna take it to the dealer thursday i guess if I cant figure this out and let them set it for me. So humiliating to need to ask them to do stuff for me.

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

The Steering angle sensor should be under ABS, I will see on Thursday If I can find a similar vehicle and help you figure it out.

Steve

Comment

• protraxrptr17
          • Aug 2010

At the dealer now. Hes lookin at his tech II with a confused look on his face. We will see I guess.

Comment

• protraxrptr17
            • Aug 2010

Rut roh! Now hes tellin me that the EFIlive has erased the steering position sensor data from his PID list. Did I mention that I hate coming here. I just want to say, "gimme the tool, and I will figure it out myself." I just shrugged my shoulders ad said, " My verus has it."

Comment

• SnapOnKid
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by protraxrptr17
              Rut roh! Now hes tellin me that the EFIlive has erased the steering position sensor data from his PID list. Did I mention that I hate coming here. I just want to say, "gimme the tool, and I will figure it out myself." I just shrugged my shoulders ad said, " My verus has it."
              Using EFILive erased the data??? What were you doing with the EFI Live Software??? Were you using a custom operating system or something???

I don't see how that tool or software would effect something in the ABS module unless it some how disabled communication.

Comment

• protraxrptr17
                • Aug 2010

No, it didnt really. I just think he didnt know what he was doing. Story is now that they sold me the wrong steering sensor. They said there are two sensors and the one I need is for the early calibration. They say there is no yaw rate sensor recalibration procedure. i dont believe it.

Comment

• Steve6911
                  • Feb 2007

Zeb

SORRY, haven't had a GM truck in since I said I would try and figure the reset out for you. Here is a screen shot from GM Service Information

ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 06 09.55.jpg

Again I know it doesn't help you, but it appears the tech is wrong. Hope the new SA sensor corrects your problem. Please post and let us know.

Steve

Comment

• protraxrptr17
                    • Aug 2010

I knew he was wrong. Surely if snap on has a reset option, tech II does also. I hope the sensor fixes it, but I dont think it will.

Another gripe I have is why doesnt shopkey have all the bulletins? He pulled up a TSB about the two different sensors that shopkey does not list. I have run into this many times. I find TSBs by google instead of shopkey all the time.

Comment

• Steve6911
                      • Feb 2007

Do you have the TSB# ?

Comment

• protraxrptr17
                        • Aug 2010

Document ID: 2587529
                        #PIT5069

Cant believe it. It worked. No more C0710.

Comment

Working...